Other sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other sports

Simple question. Besides the outdoor sports such as hunting,fishing,camping, etc....., what other sports do you fellas do? Golfers, bowlers, swimmers, horse back riding, rodeo, maybe softball or baseball league, other team sports?

Actively, nothing. Gave up wrenching on race cars when I met my now wife 19 years ago. Miss race nights but the hours in the garage not so much. As spectators she and I have spent quite a few hours watching baseball and softball the past few years. Both kids play school ball in the spring and the boy did play summer pony league (formerly Legion ball) the past couple years. He aged out so next summer he won’t play, but may help out with the team. Click image for larger version

Name:	04531214-E384-4B9A-85C6-3FA834F7FB5D.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	714325Click image for larger version

Name:	A8A10BB9-F900-4B25-9C36-78E175371F64.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	714326

Comment

Does pool shooting count? I used to be pretty good at eight ball years ago.
      And I didn't even have my own cue stick.

Comment

Nowadays, nothing besides the outdoors. I've been thinking about buying a new bicycle and doing more of that, but that too would be mostly on the dirt logging roads I always hike on.

I do like horseshoes but haven't played in several years.

Comment

Slob mountain biker for a while.
          Was doing 3d archery for a while.
          Offroading in my Jeeps.

Now pretty much nothing but work and lay around w bad back.

Dont even watch pro or college sports. To hell with em.

Work an odd shift now so late when get home. Watch euro hunting and Irish motorcycle racing on Youtube.

But not tonight. Gotta get up early and hit the range....zero some rifllea then maybe drive an hr the opp direction to check on some bowfishng gear

Comment

Hip implant, shoulder replacement, crushed heel and broken foot.
            I'll never be Chet Atkins, but I do enjoy acoustic guitar, brewing wine, assembling AR's and a little gardening.

Comment

Jeeps, hunting, screwin and music.
              bout all i do, have done for last 30 yrs.

At least the ol lady likes Jeeps

Comment

Id like a Steve Harris Fender bass. Never did memorize " live after death". Had over half though.

Fun to plug in the dvd and play along. Had a Schecter 4 string. Could not tune down low enough to play Type O stuff. Like a thin neck.....so no 5 string. Need two four strings i guess

Comment

I play golf 3 days a week, not as well as days past, but it keeps my back from becoming too stiff ! I have to fight with yard work, the weeds think it is funny to annoy me. Also do a little fishing, have almost given up on ridding the lawn of the 8000 ground moles that I hear chuckling about my attempts to murder them. Any help there would get anyone a huge “thank you” !

Comment

One trick to getting rid of moles is to leave a piece of sweet chewing gum on the lawn with some of the flavor still in it.
                    The mole eats the chewing gum and chokes to death.
                    Gruesome, if you feel up to it.
                    Worst case if it doesn't work is you have a lawn full of chewing gum.

Comment

And please tell me which is worse ! Or instead of 1 problem, it sounds as though there could then be two ! I would love to hear your answer for the now two problems !! But I do like the gruesome death part, that could make me happy real quick, and I need some happiness right now !

Comment

You could start off with just one piece of chewing gum in the middle of a horseshoe so you could keep an eye on it. If the gum disappears, replace it with a new piece in the same spot.
                        If you notice any of your pets choking, take them to the vet and explain that you take advice from the Field & Stream website.
                        They will understand.

Comment

I enjoy weight lifting, canoeing, hiking, mountain biking, karaoke, and dancing. Played raquetball until my early 30's. Was never into team sports.
                          Last edited by PigHunter; 09-14-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I do a lot of different activities but I don't consider them sports. I am not FANatical about any team sports see on TV.

Comment

Don’t really do to much now every once in awhile I’ll swim. Cutting grass should be a sport since that’s all I do. With the weather. Just to busy working then taking care of the house. After all that I’m just to lazy to play a game.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Snapshot
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Outfitter advised that I take $2,000 US with me to Africa and pay the rest with my VISA. Turns out I didn't need more than $700 cash (could have got...
                                Today, 08:26 PM
                              • Snapshot
                                by jhjimbo
                                What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                                I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                                Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                              • Reply to Give them all they need ...
                                by 99explorer
                                Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                                When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                                Today, 07:29 PM
                              • Give them all they need ...
                                by jhjimbo
                                I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                                10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
                              • Reply to Snapshot
                                by FirstBubba
                                Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                                I've never carried over about $1500.
                                Today, 07:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X