Medical marijuana.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical marijuana.

There is a special report on the subject in the cover story of the Sept issue of the AARP Bulletin.
    I am unable to provide a link to the article, except for Part I. (The Basics),
    Part II (The Research) does not seem to be available on the internet, but I am now able to provide a link to Part I. in my comment #4 of this thread.
    I will be quoting from the AARP Bulletin about Part II.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-12-2019, 04:37 PM.

Here is the cover of the bulletin.

Comment

Quoting from the Research Section of the report:

"More than 600,000 Americans turn to cannabis for relief from chronic pain - and the scientific evidence for its effectiveness is substantial. In gold-standard randomized clinical trials of people who had agonizing health concerns - peripheral neuropathy (nerve pain from diabetes), spinal cord injury, HIV or complex regional pain syndrome, cancer, chemotherapy, muscle and joint problems, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis - cannabis reduced pain by 40%, according to the 2017 NASEM report.
      "In a recent Canadian study, cannabis even soothed arthritic lab rats. Surprisingly, there's little evidence (yet) from human studies for the most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis - the wear-and-tear joint disease affecting 50% of adults age 65-plus. Clinical trials are underway. But who's waiting? Arthritis was the top reason older adults used cannabis in a 2019 Colorado survey, followed by back pain. Overall, 79% said it helped.

Comment

Here is a link to Part I.

https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-su...marijuana.html

Particular attention to Par. 5.
        Last edited by 99explorer; 09-12-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much for the link, I started reading right now. Nice forum btw. I have around 25 magazines. I like reading them in my room, especially when nobody is home and I can listen to my favourite music, and relax. This pandemic giveth me harsh time, and my budget is not good at all, work is less. Well, we can make it. I smoke less and drink less. I have only one thing that keeps me calm not to “crush something” it’s https://baeys.com very useful thing. I like to take these sweet cbd gummies before bedtime with my girl. At that time I want to hug her and feel relaxation as possible as it can be.
          Last edited by DrMcLeanAnn; 08-20-2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad