Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never forget.

September 11, 2001 attacks.

There were a total of 2,993 deaths, including the 19 hijackers: 246 on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,603 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon.55 military personnel were killed at the Pentagon. More than 90 countries lost citizens in the attacks on the World Trade Center.

A total of 411 emergency workers who responded to the scene died as they attempted to rescue people and fight fires. The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) lost 341 firefighters and 2 FDNY paramedics. The New York City Police Department lost 23 officers. The Port Authority Police Department lost 37 officers, and 8 additional EMTs and paramedics from private EMS units were killed.

An additional several hundred FDNY and NYPD members have died from illnesses attributed to their response and exposure to the World Trade Center attacks.

Last edited by 99explorer; 09-10-2019, 09:37 PM.

What is the latest on the collapse of building 7 that was not hit by anything ??

Comment

The 47-story 7 World Trade Center tower was hit by debris from the twin towers and burned for seven hours before it completely collapsed.
      There are many videos in the public domain.
      I think the conspiracy theories have been debunked.

Comment

I think there is already an issue of forgetting 9-11 ! Americans are too damn accepting of people who have F’ed over us, thinking it will never happen again. We are seeing it in our government from the same people who gave us the gift of 9-11 ! From what these people are spoon fed since birth, I do not trust them to accept our culture, laws or ways of life in any manner, all of which conflict with their koran ! The two muslim congresswomen have already attempted to cause hostilities between us and Israel and we will see more of the BS as others are voted into our government. All of those righteous idiots who think there is no consequence to this culture in our world of government are insane ! We have opened the door to our most important aspect of our protection, government, and it will now be impossible to close. To those who say I am wrong, I can only say ‘kiss off’ !
        Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 09-10-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Who can forget these pictures?

Comment

It looks like we are paying the health care for first responders for life. Some come forward even now with new conditions this long after 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              It looks like we are paying the health care for first responders for life. Some come forward even now with new conditions this long after 9/11.
              And we know who to thank for it too, don’t we ? From PH: “I’d like to forget it. Seeing it once was enough” ! And if we do forget it, as many are prompt to do, we WILL see it again ! The people who are responsible for this ‘somebody did something’ are not yet satisfied to sit on their past ‘gift’ to us, only planning their next one ! I for one trust none of them. others can make their own mistakes
              Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 09-11-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                I think there is already an issue of forgetting 9-11 ! Americans are too damn accepting of people who have F’ed over us, thinking it will never happen again. We are seeing it in our government from the same people who gave us the gift of 9-11 ! From what these people are spoon fed since birth, I do not trust them to accept our culture, laws or ways of life in any manner, all of which conflict with their koran ! The two muslim congresswomen have already attempted to cause hostilities between us and Israel and we will see more of the BS as others are voted into our government. All of those righteous idiots who think there is no consequence to this culture in our world of government are insane ! We have opened the door to our most important aspect of our protection, government, and it will now be impossible to close. To those who say I am wrong, I can only say ‘kiss off’ !
                Islam is on the march again to gain World domination for their F/U so called religion. They have been stopped before over the centuries and they will be stopped again.

Comment

I am not too sure about that Jimbo, not since the demorats have accepted these two muslims into their midsts with open arms and high acclaims of such wonderfulness ! There is no place for righteousness over intelligence in our government, but that now appears to be the norm.

Comment

I am sorry PH that the inclusion of your words were the cause of your being upset. That was not a jab at you, only a way of pointing out the indication of a lack of future awareness by many. I can see your point as to affects of remembering the terrible happenings of 9-11, but forgetting them will not stop them from happening again. Maybe (hopefully) vigilance through remembering will ! None of us can change what took place, but forgetting it won’t either !

Comment

The slogans like "Remember the Alamo" and "Remember Pearl Harbor" etal were intended to remind those fighting the enemy what we were fighting for.
                      I can remember not too long ago hearing people ask, "What the Hell are we doing over there?"
                      They were referring to Afghanistan.
                      They have already forgotten Al Qaeda and Isis.
                      Perhaps they never saw the footage of Christians kneeling with their hands tied behind their backs while their heads were being cut of with long knives.
                      I think being reminded of that should make them sick (to their stomachs).

Comment

PigHunter - People who lost loved ones in the 9-11 attacks need no reminder.
                        It is aimed at people like you who don't give a crap!

Comment

PH - So you don't see the point. That sums you up neatly.
                          I suppose with your vivid memory, we should dispense with Memorial Day also.
                          I recall your posting on these pages a while back the suggestion that Veteran's Day should not be a national holiday, and that you should not have to kiss their asses just because they wore a uniform.
                          I've got your number!

Comment

PH - In a battle of wits, you are strictly an unarmed man.

Comment

PH - Your unprovoked personal attack reminded me of this cartoon.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                My eldest started life as a jailer.
                                Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                                "I'm tired of getting beat...
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                                Today, 04:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                                Today, 05:57 PM
                              • Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                                09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                                Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X