Acupuncture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

A friend went in for an amputation and put NO on one leg and YES on the other. True story.
    jimbo, when I went in for shoulder surgery, before they put me under, a nurse talked to me for just a moment, then asked me, "We're operating on your right shoulder. Correct?"
    "Yes, ma'am." I replied.
    She pulled the surgical gown clear of my left shoulder and wrote NO in big purple letters.
    Then she came around the gurney, touched my right shoulder and asked, "This is the shoulder were doing surgery on today. Correct?"
    Again, "Yes, ma'am."
    With that, she pulled the surgical gown clear of my right shoulder and wrote a big purple YES on that shoulder.

It was nearly two weeks after surgery before I could stand in front of the bathroom mirror and not see, ON and SEY on my shoulders. LOL!

Comment

They've been doing the Y/N marking for some time.
      Did that on me back in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
        They've been doing the Y/N marking for some time.
        Did that on me back in the 90's.
        When I had hip surgery in '05, they didn't mark the hip.
        But then, it was pretty obvious WHICH hip was the problem! LOL!

I also had "trigger release" surgery on my right thumb in '17. They just marked my left thumb ON.

Comment

The reason they have TV monitors in the operating room is that as soon as the patient goes under, they can turn on the TV and watch the ball game during the surgery.

Comment

Possible Risks of Acupuncture are as such
            • It is dangerous if a patient has a bleeding disorder or takes blood thinners.
            • Bleeding, bruising, and soreness may occur at the insertion sites.
            • Unsterilized needles may infect the patient.
            • In rare cases, a needle may break and damage an internal organ.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
              by FirstBubba
              My eldest started life as a jailer.
              Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
              "I'm tired of getting beat...
              Today, 06:00 PM
            • Wanna be a NYC cop?
              by FirstBubba
              How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
              Today, 04:02 PM
            • Reply to Racism ??
              by jhjimbo
              99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
              Today, 05:57 PM
            • Racism ??
              by jhjimbo
              Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
              09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
            • Reply to Racism ??
              by jhjimbo
              Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
              Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X