O'Rourke "Gun Control Plan"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope.
    He threatened the person........too take away a legally purchased item, that is part of a right.
    To do so should be met with resistance.
    It is one's duty to stop tyranny.

Beta talked chit and got called on it and now wants to play victim.

Comment

CD2 - So send Beto a threatening letter and see what happens. Mention AR-15 and AK-47.
      And be sure to leave a return address.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
        O rourk was losing so bad he would do anything to get people to say his name. That's why all the other candidates were nice to him, he has lost and now can't run for anything in Texas.
        Your normal position has always been, "I'm not worried about guns. They (Democrats, your party!) aren't interested in it."

Well, guess what?
        It only takes one to get the ball rolling.
        "Bozo" may have blown his ship out of the water, but he started something.
        It won't be so hard for the next anti-gun (D) to speak up, speak out.
        Slowly, the whisper will become a cadence, then a roar that can't be silenced.

There are enough O'Rourke's, Pelosi's, Feinstein's et al now and in the future that will continue to push the ball.
        The "liberal", regardless of party affiliation, whose gun confiscation bill is eventually signed into law will become an American hero.

It ain't over.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ack-a-n2553097

O'Rourke's name ("Beto") is universally recognizable across the U.S..
        He may never hold another elected public office, but he is definitely not through in the public domain.
        Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-14-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          CD2 - So send Beto a threatening letter and see what happens. Mention AR-15 and AK-47.

Your little "challenge" is laughable, in that you must really be some liberal old woman that thinks posting such drivel is "cute".

That or a sociopath.

Note the lack of a smiley.

I've dealt withe em, red flag laws are to stop your kind. Not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...rom%20%251%24s

Comment

CD2 - You are red-flagging yourself when you publicly threaten violence to a presidential candidate, even in jest.
              In your defense, you can say it is one's duty to stop tyranny.
              It sounds patriotic.
              If they don't buy it, you can call them a bunch of liberal old women as they read you your rights..

Comment

New Zealand buy back has failed miserably. With 1.5 million firearms, one report says only 1700 were turned in. Mayor has another plan that starts with licensing.
                A Texas Congressman said something like 'come and get it' to beto regarding his ar-15 and ak-47 threat.

Comment

Jimbo - I think that Texas congressman wishes he had only said "come and get it.":-))
                  You need to read the preceding comments to make sense of this.

Comment

Whiny 9, you have written very little that makes sense. If you truly wanted to make sense, you would quite posting all those links, and just say what you mean. I don't know who said what to bozo, but I do know the timing of the alleged threat was mighty coincidental. But then, saying "BOO" to a coward snowflake like bozo would probably be construed as a threat. As for writing letters, who still reads snail mail?

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                      Whiny 9, you have written very little that makes sense. If you truly wanted to make sense, you would quite posting all those links, and just say what you mean. I don't know who said what to bozo, but I do know the timing of the alleged threat was mighty coincidental. But then, saying "BOO" to a coward snowflake like bozo would probably be construed as a threat. As for writing letters, who still reads snail mail?
                      See the link in my post #20.

Here are a couple more links to very interesting articles.
                      Whiney nine will especially like the first one about Ted "Never give an inch!" Cruz.

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...e-demoralized/

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...ont-feel-safe/
                      Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-15-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

crm - You have a lot of nerve chiming in with a comment while admitting that "I don't know who said what to bozo..."

Comment

Bubba - Methinks you are much too quick to hit the panic button.
                          Beto O'Rourke is a long shot trying to call attention to himself by saying outrageous things, hoping that something will strike a chord with the public and propel him to the top.
                          He is a very young guy with nothing to lose, but he is striking fear in the hearts of the gun owners as though he was already the Democratic party candidate.
                          As James Carville said many years ago, gun control is a losing proposition for the Democrats.
                          The party platform will be much more modest on that issue.

Comment

"Panic button"?
                            I don't think so, Scooter!
                            Try "wake up call"!

Go back and read my post #18!
                            "Cah-ville" was correct, about the past. Gun control was a death sentence for a (D).
                            ...and I'm right about the future!

"Bozo" O'Rourke was the first (D) to openly admit that "confiscation" is the ultimate goal.
                            "Bozo" may have sold his political soul down the river, but "Bozo" will forever be the (D) that "broke the ice" on gun confiscation!
                            Once the subject was broached and "Bozo" didn't immediately burst into flame, it opened the door.

There will never be another "candidate debate", especially (D), that buy-back/confiscation/registration WON'T be part of the program!

Note the names that are now embracing confiscation!
                            Remember that "Spartacus" has already called for a Federal FOID.

Registration follows FOID.
                            Confiscation follows registration.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/curre...-at-the-debate

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/li...ng-about-guns/

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/oro...#axzz5zcup09xc

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...for-your-guns/
                            Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-15-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Bubba - You are right that all of the Democratic candidates are in favor of some measure of gun control in response to the recent mass shootings.
                              Here is a summary of their respective positions to date.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/here...ry?id=62970498

Check out Joe Biden's position in paragraph seven.

A lot can happen between now and the convention, but you can forget about confiscation as a plank in the party platform. They aren't as crazy as you think, or hope.

Comment

Some Democrats are already worried that O'Rourke's comments are hurting the party's image.

https://start.att.net/news/read/cate...er_former-cnn2

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to End of an era
                                  by Milldawg
                                  Dew man guy who owns the land a farm of his wants the spot so I’m out. All of this started since there is monster running around out there....
                                  Today, 11:10 PM
                                • End of an era
                                  by Milldawg
                                  Well lost my hunting spot of 7 years last Saturday. So now I’m joining the lease crowd. Any advice this will be my first year leasing ground next year....
                                  Today, 03:35 PM
                                • Reply to Season ends
                                  by WA Mtnhunter
                                  I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                                  Today, 10:39 PM
                                • Season ends
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                                  Today, 12:41 AM
                                • Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                                  by Sarge01
                                  If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
                                  Today, 10:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X