No announcement yet.

How many Hours ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a time when the kicker ran straight for the sidelines after the kickoff because there was someone on the kick return team assigned to take him out.
    Actor Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed in the Rocky series) once played for the Oakland Raiders and had that assignment. He took it so seriously that he often nailed the kicker before he could trot off the field.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-07-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

BTW, under the new rules, the kick return guy always takes a knee for a touchback if the kickoff reaches the end zone, because the ball now comes out to the 25 yard line.
      This rule is intended to reduce the frequency of kick returns, which often result in serious injuries.

Comment

It's fun playing football against girls, esp. two-hand touch:-))

Comment

And here is a word from one of the volunteers:

https://start.att.net/news/read/cate...g_hit-rgannett

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
            Probably less than I waste here.
            you are right

Comment

I will waste zero hours watching the National Felony League. Heard they were already kneeling for the anthem, guess it is about time to trot out my Boycott the NFL avatar again. Prepare to be a pissy cat, Whiny Nine!

Comment

crm - Maybe you should try watching Canadian football.
                They've even got a team called The Eskimos.

Comment

Why would anyone want to watch 22 overgrown, over paid, and usually under educated, grown men, fight over a pig skin? Sounds like a bigger waste of time than reading whiny 9's posts.

Comment

crm - I guess the same criticism could be made of golf.
                    Fully grown men trying to knock a little round ball into a little round hole in the ground with a stick.

Even some professional sports broadcasters don't fully grasp the intricacies of football.
                    The late Howard Cosell once exclaimed in a Monday Night Football game, "Has Don Shula taken leave of his senses?" when the Miami Dolphins head coach sent in a play that seemingly made no sense, but demonstrated the coach's mastery of the rule book.
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-11-2019, 11:32 PM.

Comment

'99, You are making FB out to be more that it is. It is really nothing more than modern day Roman Gladiators. Big and strong with a peanut for a brain.

Comment

By the 1970s, the game had become so complicated that the league began to test players for intelligence.
                        They administered a test called the Wonderlic, created in 1936 by E.F. Wonderlic, a Northwest University graduate student, and it was used by the U.S. Armed Forces during WWII to select aircraft pilots.
                        It is an IQ test meant to measure cognitive ability and poise under pressure of the ticking clock.

Here is a link to an interesting article on player selection in the annual NFL draft.
                        Current fans will find it very informative, but to others, it may be a heavy load to read.

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/09/...draft-combine/

Comment

Anything about the National Felony League is a waste of time, so why open up a link to some useless verbiage that explains nothing. By the way, I have taken the Wonderlic test, and came out "over qualified" on one occasion. Anyone who has taken the Armed Services entry examinations has taken a version of this test. It is just logic and cognitive ability, not really an IQ test as such. Just basic horse sense will get you through it.

Comment

Crm - Only 2% of those taking the test get through it, and only one person got a perfect score.
                            Many people get a perfect score on the Armed Fores Qualification Test.
                            On the Wonderlic test, your score is a number between 0 and 50. The average score is 20.
                            If you had read the article in the link, you would have known that.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Give them all they need ...
                              by 99explorer
                              Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                              When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                              Today, 07:29 PM
                            • Give them all they need ...
                              by jhjimbo
                              I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                              10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
                            • Reply to Snapshot
                              by FirstBubba
                              Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                              I've never carried over about $1500.
                              Today, 07:27 PM
                            • Snapshot
                              by jhjimbo
                              What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                              I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                              Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                            • Reply to Snapshot
                              by PigHunter
                              "Not much blue tooth crap is durable enough for my lifestyle. Can't imagine what would happen if the canoe tipped over wearing that stuff. Your voice...
                              Today, 07:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X