Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Hours ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How many Hours ?

    How many hours a week do fans waste watching football ?? List your guess.

  • #2
    Time devoted to recreation is not wasted.
    The average professional or college football game provides about three hours of valuable diversion.
    Great therapy for the weary, and good mental exercise for those who appreciate the intricacies of the game, although the private lives of some of the players leave much to be desired as poster boys.

    Comment


    • #3
      Probably less than I waste here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Probably less than I waste here.
        That's me too!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Time devoted to recreation is not wasted.
          The average professional or college football game provides about three hours of valuable diversion.
          Great therapy for the weary, and good mental exercise for those who appreciate the intricacies of the game, although the private lives of some of the players leave much to be desired as poster boys.
          Read my post about blacks playing only for HBCU's (black schools).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

            That's me too!
            Yea, but here you don't drink too much, eat junk food and get your B.P. up. And, if things don't go your way, go into a state of deep depression. You are right about a lot of players are terrible role models.
            Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-07-2019, 03:37 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nada, zero, zilch!
              I'd rather poke my eyes out with a hot poker than watch football!

              Comment


              • #8
                There are some very good women athletes begging for jobs as place-kickers in the NFL.
                They could add some variety to spectator sports.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would guess "zero" hours are wasted. It is one of my favorite things to do. Over my lifetime it has taught me the value of hard work, teamwork, continuous improvement, the value of maturity at anything I need to do and above all a respect for most of the great athletes that get to a level where they excel at what they do. Of course that doesn't mean I don't value other ways to spend all of my 1440 minutes every day.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As a kid I watched sports, because I was also playing them.
                    When the athletes went from team mates to show boats I said to hell with em.
                    The old "NFL films" stuff....... those w Csonka and such, are pretty darn cool.
                    Had fam that lived by Walter Payton ( said he was a super nice guy).

                    These thugs today.............pffffft.

                    Only good thing I'll say.............Peyton Manning Children's Hospital.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Games on...........yeah, I mowed my yard and pulled weeds.
                      Time better spent.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                        As a kid I watched sports, because I was also playing them.
                        When the athletes went from team mates to show boats I said to hell with em.
                        The old "NFL films" stuff....... those w Csonka and such, are pretty darn cool.
                        Had fam that lived by Walter Payton ( said he was a super nice guy).

                        These thugs today.............pffffft.

                        Only good thing I'll say.............Peyton Manning Children's Hospital.
                        I used to frequent the same bar as Larry C, Floyd Little and was lucky enough to see Ernie Davis play.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          There are some very good women athletes begging for jobs as place-kickers in the NFL.
                          They could add some variety to spectator sports.
                          What fo you think of that Bubba, still ready to poke your eyes out with a hot poker ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Let em take a hit from a 300# lineman and see how "good an athlete" they are.
                            How good will they stop a runback?
                            Friggin joke.
                            Only 99 believes such drivel.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

                              What fo you think of that Bubba, still ready to poke your eyes out with a hot poker ?
                              Nothing changes bhr.
                              Too many beautiful women in the world to go ga-ga over a couple of soccer converts.

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Reply to Give them all they need ...
                                by 99explorer
                                Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                                When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                                Today, 07:29 PM
                              • Give them all they need ...
                                by jhjimbo
                                I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                                10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
                              • Reply to Snapshot
                                by FirstBubba
                                Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                                I've never carried over about $1500.
                                ...
                                Today, 07:27 PM
                              • Snapshot
                                by jhjimbo
                                What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                                I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                                Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                              • Reply to Snapshot
                                by PigHunter
                                "Not much blue tooth crap is durable enough for my lifestyle. Can't imagine what would happen if the canoe tipped over wearing that stuff. Your voice...
                                Today, 07:22 PM

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X