Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    There is one famous instance in 1992 in which the poll question was so badly worded, with a confusing double negative, that the results were not believable.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...r23-story.html

Sorry about the link, Jimbo.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Polls DO make stuff up via their inaccurate, intentional analysis of statistics. Another part of the polling phenomenon is the fact that people are not always forthcoming with their responses to polls.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Public opinion polling organizations are operating in a a very fragile industry, in which a company's reputation for integrity, as well as accuracy, are vital to its survival.
    They don't just make stuff up to hurt a political figure that they don't like.
    Historians judge them harshly for mistakes, such as predicting victory for Dewey over Truman in 1948, and Clinton over Trump in 2016 (although they were right if judged by the popular vote).
    Geraldine Ferraro said she had no faith in the polls when they predicted victory for Ronald Reagan over Fritz Mondale in 1984, an election that Reagan won by the biggest landslide in history.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-10-2019, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Still more bad news for the Chief. Three new polls showing his job approval rating below 40%.

https://start.att.net/news/read/cate...erce-rnewsweek

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    '99 You can not say I do not open ANY links posted. I open some, just don't like opening links that I do not know the source. Why do you care what I open and what I don't ??

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    PH - FYI, Jimbo does not read ANY links posted on this site.
    He posts links of his own, but he is afraid to click on any links posted by others.
    I have noticed that also 99, and it is rather difficult to stay tuned in if not completely updated on topic matter, which is often added to a post for that purpose !

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    PH - FYI, Jimbo does not read ANY links posted on this site.
    He posts links of his own, but he is afraid to click on any links posted by others.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    BHR - Your final sentence explains why I selected Reich's column to illustrate my point.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    Jimbo, you didn't miss anything by not reading that article. It was full of falsehoods as you guessed.
    That certainly is true PH. Many of the things that he claimed to be the savior of this fine country, are the very things that is possibly causing it’s decline. It is terribly odd how some people’s ideas can be so damn far from the logical ! This turkey must either be a hater of America, or one who does not give a damn as to what it’s future is. In other words, he sounds like a perfect example of a demorat !

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Jimbo, you didn't miss anything by not reading that article. It was full of falsehoods as you guessed.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I did not read the article, Reich is a Commie and talks out of both sides of his mouth. How do you think income inequality can be improved ? Only Communism can improve that as it is proven there is a entire class of people who can not learn enough in school to ever succeed at anything. BTW, children kept in cages has been a practice for hundreds of years - they are called playpens. My Father even put a harness on my little Sister and kept her on a leash after she fell in the Lake and almost drowned. One person saw her go in and pulled her out by a foot. You do what you have to do to control the situation.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    If you want insight into what a real Democrat thinks, just read this column by Robert Reich, who served under three Democratic administrations, including service as Secretary of Labor under Bill Clinton from 1993 to 1997.

https://tribunecontentagency.com/art...l-bounce-back/

It's short and light reading. Not heavy furniture as you might expect.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-10-2019, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    For the record: I am not a Democrat.
    I am a conservative Republican who voted for Donald Trump in 2016.
    I am just a voice of moderation in a sea of mindless hero-worship for a charlatan egomaniac.
    Nope, you are not a Conservative, unless your definition is different from mine. There is no viable alternative to Trump so you might as well suck it up buttercup.
    Last edited by PigHunter; 09-10-2019, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    '99, charlatan egomaniac - must be referring to Obama

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    For the record: I am not a Democrat.
    I am a conservative Republican who voted for Donald Trump in 2016.
    I am just a voice of moderation in a sea of mindless hero-worship for a charlatan egomaniac.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wildebeest rug
    by Happy Myles
    Many fine eating animals are found in Africa, including Springbuck. Gerenuk is among my favorites along with Lesser kudu. As a matter of fact, all the...
    Today, 01:51 PM
  • Wildebeest rug
    by Ontario Honker Hunter
    My daughter put in the request for wildebeest hide for my safari last year. Her man wasn't particularly crazy about it so I brought it home last week....
    06-04-2020, 07:59 PM
  • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
    by Buckshott00
    "at what point is it quenched?"
    When it turns to looting and burning. No one is questioning that BHR. What I'm asking you to realize...
    Today, 01:35 PM
  • Jackbooted Thugs
    by Buckshott00
    I know tensions are high. I know there's a curfew in effect, but...

If you fire (even pepper / paintball rounds) at someone on their porch...
    06-01-2020, 02:37 AM
  • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
    by Buckshott00
    We can agree on all those things or none of them. The beauty of love our country is that even if you accept the current Pres. anyone can still disagree...
    Today, 01:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X