Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California bans all trapping and the sale of pelts. What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California bans all trapping and the sale of pelts. What's next?

Also moving legislation to ban the sale of all furs. I wonder if they realize they have just put a crosshair on all furbearers now? As a former stock man myself I know they just turned them all into nuisance pests, to be shot or poisoned, young and old alike, year round. If they think they can legislate to the rural community and force compliance, well, England tried that already.
    Last edited by dewman; 09-05-2019, 09:29 AM.

What's next is New York will try to follow suit. There's already been a fur ban proposal in New York City. NYC and the radicals in the capital can't stand how much of New York State is still devoted to its rural, traditional ways. It's fun sometimes to imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the money comes rolling in from hunting and fishing; I'm sure some of them just can't stand having to admit what it does for the state.

I'm surprised New York City is still tolerating the FS and OL offices down there. Even now, somebody at City Hall is probably thinking, "Maybe we can get 'em on zoning regs, or fire-code violations .... yeah, let's try that!"

Comment

This presents a problem for people with raccoon and muskrat problems.
      I think the motivation behind these laws is that the proponents were able to exploit the image of animals suffering from leg-hold traps, but I used to control the raccoon population with Havahart traps and a shotgun.

Comment

This is exactly the type of thing why Fish and Game managers shouldn't be tied into politics.

How is it that the PC left will tout science when it comes to climate change and creation but then completely ignore basic 8th grade biology lessons when it comes to their feelings? Insane.

Comment

It will result in the State having to pay to deal with problem animals... especially the beaver and coyotes.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...california-law

"A total of 68 trappers reported killing 1,568 animals statewide in 2017, according to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife. Among the 10 species reported taken were coyote, gray fox, beaver, badger and mink."

Comment

This is all to be expected ! America is becoming so pussyfied, it is like being a bunch of girl scouts selling cookies. I am surprised that the “brutality’ of football is still allowed, boxing and of course golf with it’s aggression and violent force. Those who live in the cities are of the impression there is no other existence that needs any consideration ! Since the population of large metropolitan areas is becoming greater than that of the rural areas, we can expect their thoughts and ideas to soon be what we will all be governed by. Even the thought of us being protected by a ‘violent’ military is gaining popularity of being too aggressive, that it is not needed and defensive spending needs to be curtailed. Liberals, brainless bots that have no excuse for existence other than the ruination of this once fine country !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
              This is all to be expected ! America is becoming so pussyfied, it is like being a bunch of girl scouts selling cookies. I am surprised that the “brutality’ of football is still allowed, boxing and of course golf with it’s aggression and violent force. Those who live in the cities are of the impression there is no other existence that needs any consideration ! Since the population of large metropolitan areas is becoming greater than that of the rural areas, we can expect their thoughts and ideas to soon be what we will all be governed by. Even the thought of us being protected by a ‘violent’ military is gaining popularity of being too aggressive, that it is not needed and defensive spending needs to be curtailed. Liberals, brainless bots that have no excuse for existence other than the ruination of this once fine country !!!
              Thankfully, bhr, our POTUS elections are "regulated"(?) by the Electoral College to keep big metro areas (re: liberal strongholds!) from dominating the national election.
              UNFORTUNATELY!!!... state elections aren't regulated by anything but "popular vote" or "majority rules".
              Therefore, we have Chicago, Dallas, Baltimore, New York City, Detroit etc, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                This is exactly the type of thing why Fish and Game managers shouldn't be tied into politics.

How is it that the PC left will tout science when it comes to climate change and creation but then completely ignore basic 8th grade biology lessons when it comes to their feelings? Insane.

In a recent comment after a hunting article on syracuse.com, an anti-hunter referred to state fish and game biologists as "biostitutes," saying they manipulate their scientific findings to favor fishing and hunting since all their money comes from license sales. It'd be hilarious if you didn't know it could actually have its supporters in this delusional state of ours.

Comment

They were afraid San Fransico would learn coyote pelts are the best thing to get chit off your shoes.

Comment

As if filth and disease isn't enough of a problem in CA.
                    Now the hippies can get chewed on by cougars.
                    That whole damn place needs to slide off into the ocean.

Comment

cd2...

"... That whole damn place needs to slide off into the ocean. ..."

What the hell did the ocean ever do to you to wish something like that on it?!

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                        As if filth and disease isn't enough of a problem in CA.
                        Now the hippies can get chewed on by cougars.
                        That whole damn place needs to slide off into the ocean.
                        There are lots of good people in California. Like Illinois and New York the major cities rule the rural community people and shut off their voice. So, even when the problem is uniquely rural, the urban elite feel they are superior and know best. I've heard that Texas is starting to have an Austin, Houston, and Dallas problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                          There are lots of good people in California. Like Illinois and New York the major cities rule the rural community people and shut off their voice. So, even when the problem is uniquely rural, the urban elite feel they are superior and know best. I've heard that Texas is starting to have an Austin, Houston, and Dallas problem.
                          The "Californios" are leaving the "Left Coast" in droves to escape the liberal insanity and flooding Texas.
                          The problem is, they bring their liberal politics with them.
                          Coming from big cities, they go to "big cities".
                          At one time, IH35 ran through numerous small Texas towns between Killeen (Fort Hood) and San Antonio.
                          These days IH35 between Killeen and San Antonio is one humongous mass of humanity occupying housing developement after housing developement after business district!
                          From Killeen, Temple, Round Rock, Austin, San Marcos, New Braunfels and into San Antonio, only occasionally do you pass through a rural setting with mostly vast seas of rooftops.
                          Those west coast "sum bucks" are slowly turning a blood red conservative strong hold into a purple stain, deepening to blue!
                          (rickin', frackin', snackle!)

Texas is doomed!

Comment

Too bad. Heard that coyote fur is the best thing in SF to remove poop off of shoes

Comment

CD2 - I guess you just can't say that too many times:-))

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                My eldest started life as a jailer.
                                Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                                "I'm tired of getting beat...
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                                Today, 04:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                                Today, 05:57 PM
                              • Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                                09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                                Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X