Is $15 enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is $15 enough

Don't let the MSM fool you. According to the experts on Wall Street our economy is in no way near any kind of recession or depression.

The anti-Trump MSM are pushing the recession narrative to destroy the Trump campaign going into 2020. If they say something enough, pretty soon people will believe it. Don't be fooled. There are millions of people who are doing very well in this economy. Yes, there are some who are not participating but that is what a bell curve is all about.

BTW, my reply to the talk that people need more then $15 per hour to have a 'living wage'. No, people making $15 should not be living above their means. Those people who are worth more than $15 per hour are probably already making more than $15 per hour. Legislate a minimum wage above $15 and soon that would not be enough and people would demonstrate for a higher wage - there is no end to that as people always live right up to and beyond their income level. They do not know how to save.

Here is what we get for raising the minimum wage:

Comment

The Gov't has no business whatsoever in establishing wage.
      Wages should be dictated by market demand.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        I agree, but I read recently that Sweden's above-average wage growth is expected to support greater consume spending. Interesting concept.
        Economists report that Sweden's GDP is rising at a rate of 1.7%, the highest in the European Union.

Comment

Amazes me how folks think an "Entry Level Job" should allow them an I phone, apartment and a vehicle.

More education/more responsibility....usually means more money.

Slackers want everything without really working for it.

Comment

MSN a while back said the template for success was to graduate HS, get further education or learn a trade, get a job.............get married and THEN have kids.

They ask kids now if they want to go to class (HS) offer home and night study, and yet they still don't graduate. Blow out a couple of "keeds" and they think the world will always accommodate their stupidity/irresponsibility.

No wonder they can't work.
            They've been taught the world revolves around them and their feelings.

Can't get them to show up for work half the time, or when at work they're constantly on damn cell phone.........or hiding...........or refusing to do the job.
            See it all over in the factory. The ol lady says it's all over where she works too.

Mostly women, mostly those of ethnicity.
            They got put ahead of others to get the job, usually due to being on gov subsidies............and then they refuse to do the work.

Let em starve.

Comment

I like recessions (and divorces). You can buy used boats, ATVs and guns at low prices

Comment

A ne'er do well finally got a job.
                He went to work at 8AM.
                First day, he showed up at 840AM.
                Boss tells him again, "We start at 8AM."
                Day 2, he shows up at 835AM.
                Boss says, "Do you understand I start paying you at 8AM?"
                "Yep!" came the reply, "I'm not getting out of bed until you start paying me!"
                Last day on that job!

Comment

I think this says it all.

Comment

Leave it up to the employer or owner of his/her own business as to what is paid. Most business people want to be successful in their investment of running a business. They can only do that with good qualified employees and in order to hire a good work force, they must pay good wages ! So it is self functioning, it does not need to be told by government how much should be paid. If the employer is not paying sufficient wages, they will not acquire good employees to make them a successful company or business ! I am sure business people are smart enough to figure out wages in ratio to quality of employees. When I was a business owner, I sure as hell didn’t want or need government telling me anything, let alone how much I had to pay a worker.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post

I agree, but I read recently that Sweden's above-average wage growth is expected to support greater consume spending. Interesting concept.
                      Economists report that Sweden's GDP is rising at a rate of 1.7%, the highest in the European Union.
                      That might be a false report as Denmark us in financial trouble with all the freebees.

Comment

A ne'er do well finally got a job.
                        He went to work at 8AM.
                        First day, he showed up at 840AM.
                        Boss tells him again, "We start at 8AM."
                        Day 2, he shows up at 835AM.
                        Boss says, "Do you understand I start paying you at 8AM?"
                        "Yep!" came the reply, "I'm not getting out of bed until you start paying me!"
                        Last day on that job!
                        How do you keep certain minorities from using their car ? Hide their keys under their work boots.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Leave it up to the employer or owner of his/her own business as to what is paid. Most business people want to be successful in their investment of running a business. They can only do that with good qualified employees and in order to hire a good work force, they must pay good wages ! So it is self functioning, it does not need to be told by government how much should be paid. If the employer is not paying sufficient wages, they will not acquire good employees to make them a successful company or business ! I am sure business people are smart enough to figure out wages in ratio to quality of employees. When I was a business owner, I sure as hell didn’t want or need government telling me anything, let alone how much I had to pay a worker.
                          When I started working for my Father he said he was going to pay me. I said WOW, how much per hour. He said a Dollar. I said wow a Dollar an hour, he said NO, a Dollar every two hours.

Comment

Three years ago I started a new way to pay. $15 to start, a buck raise every other month. I also started bidding the heck out of jobs, I charge a lot. When people reach $25 that's it, no more raises, there is bonus though for doing the hard part of the job which is easy to count. I guess the average is $35, I don't keep track, just fill out the taxes and pay checks. When there aren't jobs I don't give busy work, people go bike riding and watch TV or whatever.

I don't know why people bad mouth American workers and try to rip them off for their work. I've seen people working waist deep in mangrove swamps and at minus 40 in the arctic. I think American workers are great and deserve a wage they can live on and pay their bills. I don't care about education, just that they don't cuss on the job, smoke cigarettes or come to work drunk. They have to be courteous to each other, other workers, and customers. They should know how to read and write, add and subtract.

I wish I could provide health care, a pension, and all paid holidays etc, I'm just a small company. I just can't understand not being willing to pay a living wage. It's worth it. Good workers happy to come to work and loyal. Honest, innovative, all that good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                              Three years ago I started a new way to pay. $15 to start, a buck raise every other month. I also started bidding the heck out of jobs, I charge a lot. When people reach $25 that's it, no more raises, there is bonus though for doing the hard part of the job which is easy to count. I guess the average is $35, I don't keep track, just fill out the taxes and pay checks. When there aren't jobs I don't give busy work, people go bike riding and watch TV or whatever.

I don't know why people bad mouth American workers and try to rip them off for their work. I've seen people working waist deep in mangrove swamps and at minus 40 in the arctic. I think American workers are great and deserve a wage they can live on and pay their bills. I don't care about education, just that they don't cuss on the job, smoke cigarettes or come to work drunk. They have to be courteous to each other, other workers, and customers. They should know how to read and write, add and subtract.

I wish I could provide health care, a pension, and all paid holidays etc, I'm just a small company. I just can't understand not being willing to pay a living wage. It's worth it. Good workers happy to come to work and loyal. Honest, innovative, all that good stuff.
                              You are fortunate you can attract good employees and keep them. Many businesses can not.
                              Other businesses where margins are not as healthy probably could not pay to the level that you do. I have seen starting wage for over the road truck drivers in the $70K range. Don't know how accurate that is.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                My eldest started life as a jailer.
                                Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                                "I'm tired of getting beat...
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                                Today, 04:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                                Today, 05:57 PM
                              • Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                                09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                                Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X