Free feral pig hunts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free feral pig hunts!

Regardless of what many people think, there is ALOT of public land in Texas!
    (Hints: Sam Rayburn NF, Angelina NF, Davy Crockett NF)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...sep-1-n2552077

Bubba, you have not answered my question about your cost to build a AR-10. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      Bubba, you have not answered my question about your cost to build a AR-10. Jim
      jimbo, I gave you about as good an answer as I can.
      Why the interest in "my" cost to build an AR10? Are you wanting one?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

jimbo, I gave you about as good an answer as I can.
        Why the interest in "my" cost to build an AR10? Are you wanting one?
        A guy who built one was selling at the flea market. I did not get your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

A guy who built one was selling at the flea market. I did not get your answer.
          I don't have an item by item cost jimbo.
          To build an AR10, parts/shipping will run in excess of $1k. Just the nature of the beast.
          DPMS builds a pretty nice AR10 for less than $1k.
          I found one (DPMS) on gunbroker.com for less than $650.
          Building AR's is a kick in the "gas"!
          A schmo like you and I can't buy the parts online and build AR's cheaper than say Remington, Colt, DPMS, etc, who actually manufacture the parts.
          The only "advantage" to a DIY project is that you customize to your heart's content.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I don't have an item by item cost jimbo.
            To build an AR10, parts/shipping will run in excess of $1k. Just the nature of the beast.
            DPMS builds a pretty nice AR10 for less than $1k.
            I found one (DPMS) on gunbroker.com for less than $650.
            Building AR's is a kick in the "gas"!
            A schmo like you and I can't buy the parts online and build AR's cheaper than say Remington, Colt, DPMS, etc, who actually manufacture the parts.
            The only "advantage" to a DIY project is that you customize to your heart's content.
            If I remember he was asking $800. Said he fired 20 rds to function test. Called himself a armature gunsmith and the rifle did have a SN.

Comment

jimbo, some years back, I was set up at a gun show and had 3 AR15's on display. I probably had 6 or 8 people stop and ask if any of the three was an AR10.
              I had my AR10 at home, but didn't really want to sell.
              The lower to my AR10, I assembled after some "trail and error"! LOL! In the AR10 world, all things are not created equal!
              Needless to say, assembling the upper soon became a monetary dilemma. NONE of the stuff was cheap!
              Digging through PSA, I stumbled onto a complete PSA PA10 upper on clearance for $299.99 and jumped!

NEXT gun show, I drug my AR10 out, tagged it ... and not the first person even looked at it over 2 days!

Comment

A custom (?) AR10 for $800 or a factory DPMS for $650?
                I got a pretty good idea which way most of us would go, and it wouldn't be some amateur amalgamation of parts.

Comment

Jimbo, that's a good price for a fully assembled and tested rifle. The only way I know to beat it is to watch for sales at Palmetto State Armory. Right now, you can beat that price by ordering the complete lower and upper separately.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/

Comment

Bubba, I've got plenty of opportunities to bag a pig on public land here and don't need to travel to Texas to do it. But thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      Bubba, I've got plenty of opportunities to bag a pig on public land here and don't need to travel to Texas to do it. But thanks for the info.
                      pighunter, I won't drive across the street to hunt a feral hog! LOL!
                      Apparently, the ferals have become so problematic, the State of Texas, (Texas Parks & Wildlife) is willing to give up license fees if it will help beat them back some!
                      The agricultural damage they can cause is "mind boggling"! Not to mention all the diseases they spread around!

Comment

I hear ya. Hunting feral pigs on National Forest Lands in Alabama is allowed year-round. However, I'm not much into chasing them when the highs are in the 90's. We've got highs in the mid 80's this weekend so I may brave the ticks, skeeters, red bugs, gnats, and snakes...

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                          I hear ya. Hunting feral pigs on National Forest Lands in Alabama is allowed year-round. However, I'm not much into chasing them when the highs are in the 90's. We've got highs in the mid 80's this weekend so I may brave the ticks, skeeters, red bugs, gnats, and snakes...
                          At those temps, you might want to take a skillet with you! LOL!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                            by FirstBubba
                            My eldest started life as a jailer.
                            Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                            "I'm tired of getting beat...
                            Today, 06:00 PM
                          • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                            by FirstBubba
                            How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                            Today, 04:02 PM
                          • Reply to Racism ??
                            by jhjimbo
                            99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                            Today, 05:57 PM
                          • Racism ??
                            by jhjimbo
                            Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                            09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                          • Reply to Racism ??
                            by jhjimbo
                            Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                            Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X