F&S Digital App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&S Digital App?

Has anyone else received an email from F&S about a new App to go with their subscription? I'm assuming it's legit but have no idea what it involves. I'm not even sure if it has to to with the main website or if it's in addition to the printed mag. Over on the blogs DEP's last post was Aug 8'th, before that July 31'st. I have no idea how long it's been since Phil posted. I'm not loading anything without some kind of explanation as to whats going on.

Anyone have a clue what's up in general?

Dewman are you still having trouble getting the main site to load or did you give up on it?

Back in the "8 Greatest Lever Guns" blog post, which I read as a F&S story first, not a blog, Dave wrote:

"To all: The old blog format, which I enjoyed the hell out of, is gone. What you see here is the new way to go."

I took this to mean: Gone were the days of an informal, gunwriter to reader dialogue about whatever; and now it's gonna be a slick, pre-written column-ish affair. There hasn't been any reply to comments directed at DEP, and I doubt there will be.

The other blogs are pretty much defunct. If this is a decision-process by the mucky-mucks at F&S, it is about the worst ever. More likely it is the dying throes of a flailing magazine.

There really hasn't been anything posted at Outdoor Life for quite a while, and minus the political and gun control stuff in "Other" here, there has been very little here either. I understand that politics are important to a lot of people, and maybe even important in general, but that's not what I come here for.

The regulars are mostly gone, the F&S staff are getting scarce, the blogs are gone, and the reader-based contribution is mostly gone. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
      Back in the "8 Greatest Lever Guns" blog post, which I read as a F&S story first, not a blog, Dave wrote:

"To all: The old blog format, which I enjoyed the hell out of, is gone. What you see here is the new way to go."

I took this to mean: Gone were the days of an informal, gunwriter to reader dialogue about whatever; and now it's gonna be a slick, pre-written column-ish affair. There hasn't been any reply to comments directed at DEP, and I doubt there will be.

The other blogs are pretty much defunct. If this is a decision-process by the mucky-mucks at F&S, it is about the worst ever. More likely it is the dying throes of a flailing magazine.

There really hasn't been anything posted at Outdoor Life for quite a while, and minus the political and gun control stuff in "Other" here, there has been very little here either. I understand that politics are important to a lot of people, and maybe even important in general, but that's not what I come here for.

The regulars are mostly gone, the F&S staff are getting scarce, the blogs are gone, and the reader-based contribution is mostly gone. Draw your own conclusions.
      Turnover in regulars has been a given
      since the start, but most of the decisions to improve the site certainly haven’t worked out well. Lack of communication about the changes added insult to injury. I’m not sure what the digital subscription is, I never signed up for one. If it’s in addition to the printed mag then fine but I don’t want to inadvertently switch over.

Separating the blogs and answers was a huge mistake, whatever the technical reasons for it.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Turnover in regulars has been a given
        since the start, but most of the decisions to improve the site certainly haven’t worked out well. Lack of communication about the changes added insult to injury. I’m not sure what the digital subscription is, I never signed up for one. If it’s in addition to the printed mag then fine but I don’t want to inadvertently switch over.

Separating the blogs and answers was a huge mistake, whatever the technical reasons for it.
        fitch270,
        You're right. Turnover has always been just a part of this site. There was a also pretty good flow of newbies and occasional users.

Sure there were politics and gun control, but that's just another part of our "world".

As much hooplah as F&S went through on this update, I was expecting much more.
        We (?) gained a really great look, but we lost so much in return.

It's not that I think F&S just doesn't care, I just don't think there is anything in it for them anymore.
        There aren't that many regulars anymore. As much as we encourage newbies, they don't seem to stay long.

I don't see how an outfit as large as Bonnier can justify maintaining a website of this magnitude just so 10 (+/-) old grouches can yah-yah at each other.

Comment

I believe demand is still there, and I don’t believe the regulars that bailed did so just because of the yah-yahing that occurs. The disconnect with the blogs and the scattering of active threads makes it too much of a hassle to pop in and get up to speed with the interesting stuff. Loose that and the yah-yahing gets to be all that’s left.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
            by FirstBubba
            My eldest started life as a jailer.
            Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
            "I'm tired of getting beat...
            Today, 06:00 PM
          • Wanna be a NYC cop?
            by FirstBubba
            How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
            Today, 04:02 PM
          • Reply to Racism ??
            by jhjimbo
            99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
            Today, 05:57 PM
          • Racism ??
            by jhjimbo
            Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
            09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
          • Reply to Racism ??
            by jhjimbo
            Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
            Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X