Increasing Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing Security

I have been carrying more lately, much more aware of the surroundings, especially in large, crowded places. I do go to a few Flea Markets that usually have thousands of people on any given day. A mental case could do a lot of damage at one. I am happy to hear that a lot of the Vendors are also carrying. Firearms are openly bought and sold at the market. The Sheriff comes around on occasion but does not stay long.

Since surgery, I'm not carrying.
    One handed pants and no belt aren't conducive to a holster! LOL!
    Prior to that, my holster and handgun were just a part of my daily dress.
    Never knew just how much I missed it until now!
    Soon!

Comment

I've not changed my habits. The world is essentially the same as it was a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        I've not changed my habits. The world is essentially the same as it was a month ago.
        Increasing occurrence of shootings could bring copy-cats out of the shadows.

Trivia: What Country has the most mass shootings (don't know how they are defined).
        Ans: Albania The U.S. is 12th World wide.

Comment

"... Increasing occurrence of shootings could bring copy-cats out of the shadows. ..."

I don't think so jimbo.

Comment

Jimbo, you should have already been vigilant. Nothing is different from previous years. However, you are more likely to use your gun on yourself than to be shot by someone else.

US Mass Shootings, 1982 to present
            https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nes-full-data/

BBC - America's gun culture
            https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

Comment

I have a friend who is a retired armored car driver.
              He does his grocery shopping at night now, and wears his body armor.
              I don't think anyone would be surprised by another mass shooting around Labor Day, esp. in the Latino community, and by another copy cat shooter.
              That is not a prediction. There are people on here who always like to say I was wrong.
              Last edited by 99explorer; 08-14-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

However, you are more likely to use your gun on yourself than to be shot by someone else.

Not such a good use of statistics. You don't know if Jimbo specifically is more likely to use his gun on himself.

Statistically, YOU (and me too) are more likely to give birth that to be struck by lightening, but unless I'm crazy (don't answer that) I'm betting you and I aren't going to be eating ice cream and pickles anytime soon.

Comment

jimbo, this has been a quandary since the GCA 1934.
                  Some in our Gov't want us unarmed.
                  These events never get reported because they don't fit the liberal/media narrative.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/at-...#axzz5wbf18u1j

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

Not such a good use of statistics. You don't know if Jimbo specifically is more likely to use his gun on himself.

Statistically, YOU (and me too) are more likely to give birth that to be struck by lightening, but unless I'm crazy (don't answer that) I'm betting you and I aren't going to be eating ice cream and pickles anytime soon.
                    LOL! I look like I'm carrying a baby. Going to the gym later today...

Comment

I came to realize recently that I tend to carry in colder weather months when I'm layered up and it's dark out longer. It's also the time of year when we're more likely to shop out of town in malls and such. Complacency of small town living I guess.

Comment

Jimbo, you should have already been vigilant. Nothing is different from previous years. However, you are more likely to use your gun on yourself than to be shot by someone else.

US Mass Shootings, 1982 to present
                        https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nes-full-data/

BBC - America's gun culture
                        https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081
                        No I am not. I have shot enough to be proficient with my firearms. I shoot more and better than a lot of LEO's in the Club.

Comment

It is changing - Philadelphia today.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            "... Increasing occurrence of shootings could bring copy-cats out of the shadows. ..."

I don't think so jimbo.
                            Wake up Bubba and smell the coffee.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Give them all they need ...
                              by 99explorer
                              Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                              When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                              Today, 07:29 PM
                            • Give them all they need ...
                              by jhjimbo
                              I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                              10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
                            • Reply to Snapshot
                              by FirstBubba
                              Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                              I've never carried over about $1500.
                              Today, 07:27 PM
                            • Snapshot
                              by jhjimbo
                              What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                              I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                              Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                            • Reply to Snapshot
                              by PigHunter
                              "Not much blue tooth crap is durable enough for my lifestyle. Can't imagine what would happen if the canoe tipped over wearing that stuff. Your voice...
                              Today, 07:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X