Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dewman
    replied
    Conservation has this range in the middle of public land off county road 708 near Zalma. When there's a group of us we sight in there and if you want the group record for tightest group and your target put on the wall of fame in the barn you have to do it here. I have a bench at my house and a table on the balcony deck I shoot off and sometimes hunt off of. For shotguns and really long distance I have several farms available. This is at Zalma. 4 tables each at 25,50,&100 yds. With a bathroom and handicapped parking. No shotgunsClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	712084

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    We can shoot rimfire, handgun and archery pretty much right in the back yard. Archery about as far as you want to shoot, rimfire out to 50 yards or so. We don’t shoot the centerfires there because of proximity to the neighbors. We’d be just legal but the noise is too much. On our hill I have a flat hundred yard set up with a back stop bank we use for the centerfires. I just posted about a range trip that we used to shoot out to 300. We also belong to a club in town that has just a 50’ indoor range and shoot a Sporterifle league there. Can shoot handguns there as well.
    There’s a bigger club about 25 miles away I should join as I teach Hunters Ed there at least once a year. They have 100 & 200 yard range, 50’ indoor range, 5 Stand, Trap & Skeet setups.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    For most of my adult life, I had my own land to hunt and shoot on, including a permanent pistol range.
    Now retired in the suburbs, I shoot at a private club range ($90 per year for senior citizens).

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I have a camp where I can shoot on a unstructured range and also have a State range a couple miles away. I also belong to an organized Club with all the 4 season amenities plus a campground. They put on matches every weekend and some during the week. Also teams travel to other Clubs and Camp Perry for larger matches. Takes me about 40min to get to the Club. The Club is a 8 hour work party/ yr or you can by the 8 hours for $200. The camping is $225/ half and includes electric.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 08-10-2019, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    started a topic How Do You Shoot ?

How Do You Shoot ?

Do you shoot on your own property ? Rifle Handgun, Archery ? Yds available ? Do you belong to an organized Club with a range ?
    How long does it take you to get to the range? Yds available ? Cost/year? Does the Club conduct various matches ? Tell us about your situation. Any pictures?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad