Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    This is his 700 in it's current configuration
    Nice! Guess you know we are all pulling for you guys to do well.

Comment

I shoot in a gravel pit twenty minutes from my house because I don't have a range setup

Comment

I live in the Burbs and my range is 12 miles away. It costs $900 to join and $300 annually to retain membership. It is extremely safe and well organized with dozens of venues from cowboy, action pistol, all shotgun disciplines and lots of rifle ranges out to 600 yards. My favorite is a 500 meter range with gongs every 100 meters. I can enjoy shooting tight groups on the gongs without having to set targets.

I shoot at a private property about 2 1/2 hours away when I want to shoot at ranges out to a mile. I enjoy long range shooting and with so many trees in Georgia, it is difficult to find a location where I can see a mile, let alone SHOOT a mile. I also fly to South Dakota when I can to get more long range shooting opportunity. I shoot prairie dogs for challenging small target, variable distance shooting out to 1000 yards or so. I can't get that kind of wind (25-50 mph) very often in Georgia so it is nice to get that experience there.

Comment

I shoot a couple hundred rounds a week at skeet, sporting clays, and trap. No pistol shooting anymore and as little as possible rifle shooting at the range. Once you take up shooting moving targets there's no going back to paper. Since I started shooting low gun at skeet and clays my scores have jumped up to the point it's almost boring. I try different stuff to make it more challenging, like turning away from the station ninety degrees so I have to readjust my whole body when the target is pulled. Or I have someone pull the targets randomly. Doesn't seem to make much difference. Those Montana pheasants better make fall funeral arrangements!

Comment

Our family woods has a picnic/camping spot with a good 70 or 80 yards of wide open space and a steep embankment at the far end for backstop. None of us hunt deer with rifles so that's plenty of space for .22 plinking and shooting slugs and patterning turkey loads.

For plinking targets I use all the cans and other trash that the trespassing party kids, and certain relatives, leave behind. Handy!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad