Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crm3006
    replied
    Damn right it would, #1 Bubba! Iffen the demoncrats don't quit obstructing and craw-fishing, and acting like we owe the whole world our handouts, President Trump may just implement something similar to what you and I have in mind.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I believe my solution about our southern border crisis pretty much goes hand in hand with yours CRM!

It ain't pretty or PC, but I'd bet a dime to a rolling doughnut hole it would work!
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-23-2019, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Damn good points CRM and I am sure there are a multitude of people in this country with the same insight and feelings. However, too many are of the mind set not to say anything and appear to be called names, and some just want to be known as ‘righteous’ to the point of it killing them. Too many people have fallen for the PC crap and place that above our safety and national security. If that is what they want, I give no thought to what happens to them, but I wish not to be included in their ignorance. With the ignorance of many, they can not begin to understand the dangers of their righteous thinking, or lack of sensible thinking !!

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    jhjimbo writes: "Bubba, I am not sure of all the regs but I think Insurance Co. restrict what is carried on the ship. One reason might be a fire fight may result in a fire that can not be controlled. A captured ship is usually........"
    And, that is the problem. As BH75R stated, the world has become liberalized to the point that not only will no one take responsibility for their own actions, the prevailing mindset is to surrender to thugs, terrorists, tin-pot dictators, etc. instead of acting like we possess a set of cohones and defending ourselves, our ships, our property, our territory, (DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON MY SOLUTION TO THE BORDER!) even our very lives! Insurance regulations be damned to blue blazes! The insurance sheep-dips are not the ones suffering the indignity and danger of capture on the high seas, and weeks or months of captivity in some shit hole port, waiting for ransom or relief. Once armed merchant ships and tankers were shown to work better than a payoff, and a lot cheaper, some insurance underwriter would take on the ships and cargo, and after the ice was broken, all of them would jump on the band wagon, knowing that the cargos had a lot better chance of unmolested passage through certain waters.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Bubba, I am not sure of all the regs but I think Insurance Co. restrict what is carried on the ship. One reason might be a fire fight may result in a fire that can not be controlled. A captured ship is usually traded for greenbacks, a good trade when you consider the millions and millions of $$$ the cargo is worth.
    What good is millions and millions in cargo sitting in some cesspool port on east Africa or western Iran?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    BHR, I think Europe is beginning to realize they made a big mistake with open boarders accepting all the immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    The world has become ‘liberalized’ to the point of being unable to protect itself ! That has allowed these sh!t hole muslim countries to have no fear of acting as though they have some importance on the world stage ! This point has been most evident in the USA with our putting up with the damn crap that ‘vomits’ out of the mouths of our two HR muslim scum bags!!! They have already attempted to split us from Israel and to cause dissent amongst our own people !

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Bubba, I am not sure of all the regs but I think Insurance Co. restrict what is carried on the ship. One reason might be a fire fight may result in a fire that can not be controlled. A captured ship is usually traded for greenbacks, a good trade when you consider the millions and millions of $$$ the cargo is worth.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    The all mighty Brits are always touting their SBS and SAS, (Special Boat Service and Special Air Service), let them go to Iran and kill their own snakes. There is no reason for any US involvement militarily, until or unless a US war ship or other US protected vessel is attacked. President Trump did the right thing a few weeks ago, using cyber attacks on the Iranians and tightening sanctions. We should realize by now, that should we go to war in the Mid-East, it has to be total destruction of the country, it's military, and it's theocratic leadership, or we lose. Iraq is nothing but a sucking drain on America's military and money, and Afghanistan is worse. Either we go in to wipe the earth clean of Iran, Iranians, mullahs, ayatollahs, etc., and leave that country a smoking ruin, or we stay out. Nation building and establishing democracies has been shown not to work with the muslims, over and over.
    The solution to all these hijackings and takeovers of merchant vessels is very simple, but no nation seems to have the political will to implement it. Arm the ships. Put a few .50 caliber machine guns and some 81mm mortars, or 106 recoil-less rifles on them, and that would deter a take down by anything short of an armed war ship. That would damn sure stop a rag-tag bunch of somali pirates or iranian piss-ant gunboats. Hire some operators or a few retired ex-service people to man the weapons in case of need, and Presto! hijackings and take downs are over after about the first two or three failed attempts. However, I fear that no nation on earth has the guts or political will to implement this.
    Kinda like getting rid of "Gun Free Zones"!
    Just how much more freaking evident is it that these ocean going land masses are totally unarmed and ripe for the picking!
    As the captain of a ship, I'd be ashamed to admit my vessel, measured in thousands of tons, was hijacked by a bunch of radical militants in a 30 foot fiberglass speedboat!

DO NOT tell me that maritime radar/sonar can't detect the approach of a boat for miles before you can see it.
    The curvature of the earth allows vision for 16 miles to the horizon.

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    The all mighty Brits are always touting their SBS and SAS, (Special Boat Service and Special Air Service), let them go to Iran and kill their own snakes. There is no reason for any US involvement militarily, until or unless a US war ship or other US protected vessel is attacked. President Trump did the right thing a few weeks ago, using cyber attacks on the Iranians and tightening sanctions. We should realize by now, that should we go to war in the Mid-East, it has to be total destruction of the country, it's military, and it's theocratic leadership, or we lose. Iraq is nothing but a sucking drain on America's military and money, and Afghanistan is worse. Either we go in to wipe the earth clean of Iran, Iranians, mullahs, ayatollahs, etc., and leave that country a smoking ruin, or we stay out. Nation building and establishing democracies has been shown not to work with the muslims, over and over.
    The solution to all these hijackings and takeovers of merchant vessels is very simple, but no nation seems to have the political will to implement it. Arm the ships. Put a few .50 caliber machine guns and some 81mm mortars, or 106 recoil-less rifles on them, and that would deter a take down by anything short of an armed war ship. That would damn sure stop a rag-tag bunch of somali pirates or iranian piss-ant gunboats. Hire some operators or a few retired ex-service people to man the weapons in case of need, and Presto! hijackings and take downs are over after about the first two or three failed attempts. However, I fear that no nation on earth has the guts or political will to implement this.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    The Iranian government is a "theocracy" with democratic (?) elections thrown in for appearance sake.

Why are there sanctions?
    Why are there embargoes?
    Why are there fiscal restrictions?

Every dollar we can deprive the mullahs of is a dollar the mullahs can't spend on terrorism.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Reza_Pahlavi

His conservation efforts protected some endangered species.........but when ousted, they became extinct.
    Wonder how many anti hunter muslim loving PETArds know this.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    On the news this morning:

Iran has released one of the UK tankers but is still holding the second.
    The UK is now turning up the heat on Iran to release the second.
    Iran is not being cooperative!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    General Kean says their economy is about ready to collapse. They can't pay the soldiers. This could be the end of the imam ruling the country.
    The Iranians are resilient and determined. Their soldiers will gladly die, not for Iran, but for Allah.
    In fact, they welcome death in service to Allah as it martyrs them before Allah.
    Iran pays the families of dead terrorists and parks, arenas, streets and public areas are named after deceased terrorists that died in Allah's name.
    Don't count Iran out....yet!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    CD2 - You are right. He came to New York in 1960. R.I.P.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Memorial
    by WA Mtnhunter
    He got out of the yard and ate a bunch of scraps at the neighbors, I think. The blockage seems to have passed looking at the X-ray, so we dodged the surgery...
    Today, 09:09 AM
  • Reply to How Many Died
    by jhjimbo
    I was a Red Cross swimming instructor and our procedure was to dive down, grab victims legs and spin them around so when we came up we were behind them....
    Today, 09:06 AM
  • How Many Died
    by jhjimbo
    On Tucker Carlson last night he said 750,000 died from Opioid overdose in a ten year period. More then WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, combined.
    01-16-2020, 11:04 AM
  • Reply to How Many Died
    by jhjimbo
    When I worked in the Hospital and a suicide came in I would disappear. Not going to work on somebody that wants to die - only a matter of time before...
    Today, 08:59 AM
  • Reply to How Many Died
    by FirstBubba
    Worked with a very kindly older gentleman.
    Jim was retired USMC over 70 years old.
    Said he'd never be able to retire, his son needed his "help"!...
    Today, 08:54 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X