Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipping Chart

Are you a good tipper?
    I never tip on takeout orders, and tip waitpersons less if I don't get a followup visit to refill my coffee cup and see if everything is okay.

I suspect I am a good tipper. If I tip extra it will not impact my life, as I have been lucky. I vividly recall getting through college on scholarships and tons of odd jobs, including waiting tables. When on occasion things looked bleak economically, an unexpected big tip made a big difference on mental outlook as well as helping with finances. Today, hopefully more of an impact for recipient then hurting me in any way. Not trying to be a big shot, just helpful to others.

Comment

I'm a big tipper at our favorite bar. The waitresses know us well and will have our preferred drinks on the table before we get finished saying hello to all the other regulars.

At restaurants, I tip women servers greater than I do the males. If she shows cleavage, does a wiggle when she walks, and flirts then it's a bigger tip. Of course it seals the deal if she puts a hand on my shoulder or arm while calling me 'Hun' or 'Sweetie'.

Comment

Come to think of it, I do tend to be a bit more generous with the gals waiting on tables at Hooters.

Comment

My wife won't go to restaurants, she's into cooking and is a tight wad. Even now that we are doing very well financially we just aren't in the habit, no restaurants since 01, except overseas where it's much cheaper and there is no tipping culture, and the food is good. When ordering fast food she gets none for herself and makes the kids get some sort of on sale item that includes fries and a drink. She puts it in savings or the stock market, it's worked out well.

I'd much rather a higher minimum wage, like $20, or $25, and people could work at restaurants because that's where they want to work. In countries without tipping service feels more genuine, they treat you nice because they are nice people, not because you might give them money.

Comment

Out in California, one dude asks another what he does for a living. "I am an actor," he replies.
            "So am I," says the other. "What restaurant?"

Comment

99 in Southern California that is no joke, especially in swanky restaurants were they feel they might be discovered. You can spot them as soon as you walk in. Sigh, only in America.

Comment

I watch 'Below Deck' show every so often. Just came across some details of the show. The boats charter from $160,000 to over $175,000 for a 4 or 5 day charter. . The crew is about 10 people. At the end of the charter they give the Captain the tip and it amounts to about 10% of the charter cost and is to be split among the crew.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Red Dot's
                  by PigHunter
                  Jimbo, I've used a red dot scope on my crossbow and it was great in low light at the short distances I needed (up to 50 yards). However, the dot washed...
                  Today, 10:10 AM
                • Red Dot's
                  by jhjimbo
                  What is the difference between a open Red Dot and a scope type Red Dot ? Function, operation, accuracy potential....
                  Today, 09:41 AM
                • Reply to Red Dot's
                  by fitch270
                  I believe the biggest difference would be in speed of target acquisition related to field of view. The tube style have a bit of tunnel vision to them,...
                  Today, 09:48 AM
                • Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                  by jhjimbo
                  They can also create organs right now with 3d printing. Dr. mentioned that on Tucker show.
                  Univ of Pittsburg has been growing organs for years...
                  Today, 09:44 AM
                • Are You Ready For This ?
                  by jhjimbo
                  An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
                  Yesterday, 09:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X