Drone camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drone camera

Has anybody put a go-pro on a drone ? The paper wanted a story on the Club and put one on my plane. Thinking about getting a drone for around camp.

paper put a go-pro on my plane to do an article on our club. I was not suppose to fly over the parking lot.

6,000 views so far.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5950&FORM=VIRE

Thanks for posting, nice video!

I've only placed an action camera on my canoe. Until then, I never thought that I talked to myself. Whoa was I wrong! It was funny at times, especially when I dropped my new rod and reel into the river

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190719_125114.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	710535
    Last edited by PigHunter; 07-19-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

State Dept Advisory: Americans are warned not to fly their drones over the Straits of Hormuz:-))

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Thanks for posting, nice video!

I've only placed an action camera on my canoe. Until then, I never thought that I talked to myself. Whoa was I wrong! It was funny at times, especially when I dropped my new rod and reel into the river

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190719_125114.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	710535
        That is not a swamp, moving water ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

That is not a swamp, moving water ?
          Yep, that's the Cahaba River National Wildlife Refuge, not far from my home. The photo is a screen capture as I'm pulling the canoe back upstream through the shallows.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahaba...ildlife_Refuge

Every May, the Cabaha Lily blooms and I use that as an excuse to do a little fishing and photography. The water needs to be low for better fishing and viewing the lilies. So I put in and paddle to the top of the first shoals, drag the canoe through and then fish the smooth water downstream to the next shoals. Thus I can get away from the crowds.

The second set of shallows are called Hargrove Shoals and has the best stand of Cahaba Lilies on the river. That's my favorite outside spot in all of Alabama and where I want my ashes spread when I pass away. Here's a pic of a Red Eyed Bass I caught just above Hargrove Shoals.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Red Eyed Bass.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	710551
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's what my tandem canoe looks like in the swamp. I wear hip waders to stay dry when using the kayak paddle and when dragging over beaver dams. Note the deer cart wheels sticking up, the blue dry bag, and PFD. Also note that I'm in the habit of tying the bow rope high just in case there's an unexpected water rise.

The deer are smaller in that WMA but there are pigs too. And, it's just plain fun slipping through that undergrowth! But it all looks the same in the dark so I always mark my landing spot as a waypoint on my wrist mounted GPS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Camo Canoe in Daub's Swamp 01.jpg Views:	3 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	710554
            Attached Files
            Last edited by PigHunter; 07-19-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              Here's what my tandem canoe looks like in the swamp. I wear hip waders to stay dry when using the kayak paddle and when dragging over beaver dams. Note the deer cart wheels sticking up, the blue dry bag, and PFD. Also note that I'm in the habit of tying the bow rope high just in case there's an unexpected water rise.

The deer are smaller in that WMA but there are pigs too. And, it's just plain fun slipping through that undergrowth! But it all looks the same in the dark so I always mark my landing spot as a waypoint on my wrist mounted GPS.

Click image for larger version Name:	Camo Canoe in Daub's Swamp 01.jpg Views:	3 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	710554
              Cool!
              Far out and groovy!
              Never hunted an actual "swamp"! Spent many hours in a flooded creek bottom, but I didn't have a canoe then but it would have been a blast!

"Too soon old! Too late smart!"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad