How many is "too many"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many is "too many"?

Heard this on the news when it happened. Looks like another liberal witch hunt!
    ("If we can make this stick, we can arrest and imprison anybody with a gun by precedent alone!")

https://www.redstate.com/diary/kentu...-years-prison/

This may come as news to some, but mere possession of contraband is a crime in every state, with the laws of the state determining what is contraband. "Assault rifles" come to mind.
    And this arrest is NOT precedent for criminal prosecution in any other state.
    BTW, where did you get the idea that police can criminalize a lawful act by making an arrest and calling it a precedent?
    Last edited by 99explorer; 07-19-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

The restrictive gun laws are one of the primary reasons I never moved to Southern California. I had a great time there on temporary assignment and could have had a great job if I'd stayed. But this Southern Man loves the freedoms that can be enjoyed in Alabama.

Comment

PH - How do you like your grits?
        Have you ever tried instant grits?

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Hey 99, watch this video.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/42e7249...6-9504637201c1

Comment

Gary - That's funny.
            That scene from "My cousin Vinny" is what gave me the idea of asking about grits.
            I love my grits, both regular and instant.

Comment

It behooves anyone owning 1,000 guns to know the law. I mean he's a collector, he should know.

Every state around me has the similar laws to mine. We're a long way from CA or NY. Law enforcement here is very practical too. As long as you aren't doing anything stupid they could care less about firearms.

Comment

Nobody has said anything about the fact that the article gives no reason for law enforcement to be checking the mans home.

The article did say he had no police record and had not committed any crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  Never seen that movie. The fake accents in the trailer were enough to keep me away. People in Southern California never could place my accent. They thought I sounded like a Texan. Can you believe that!!!

I like the convenience of instant grits. There's always a box of those in our pantry. A little salt and a lot of butter is how I like them. Sometimes, that's all I'll have for supper.

Many along the Gulf Coast like cheese grits with shrimp. That can be good too in the right mood. Just keep those nasty hashbrowns off my plate. 😉
                  Last edited by PigHunter; 07-20-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad