X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    ....“Gotta think big picture”.... !

Ya know, when we try to imagine what drove the colonists to leave their home lands for a perilous ocean journey to heavens know where and to what ends, there had to be darn terrible reasons involved; oppressive landlords, squaller, lack of rights, not to even mention the tyranny of Lords and most of all Kings !! With that realization, it would take a real imbecile not to understand that the 2A was implanted into our Constitution for the sole purpose of protection from what those colonists were fleeing ! Those who do not understand the importance of this issue, will never accept the true reason for the 2A being not for self defense from the common man, but from those who had power over them ! That terrible oppression was paramount and not forgotten in the writings of our founders and should/must not be forgotten by ‘we, the common man’ of today ! But there are still those who do not accept this as fact and that such things could not happen in today’s world. All we need to understand is the huge growth of government from those days to what it is today, the power it has over us, to confirm the need for this most important amendment and it’s total protection !!
    Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 07-18-2019, 06:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    An AR15 might be a bit much against the average thug robbery/rape/murder attempt......
    but when is having the odds stacked in your favor a bad thing?

Fighting fair is a myth.

However, the AR15 and others, sure seem to rile the politicians, that would try to enslave us.
    The fact that they don't like them (more probable that they fear them).......shows they are just the tool for the job (keeping good men free).

Gotta think big picture.

Our Founding Fathers did.
    Doesn't say in the Bill of Rights that you "can keep your deer popper"

Don't care how the Fudds try to spin it.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    John Dillinger got most of his guns, including Thompson submachine guns from police buildings.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I am surprised a buy back location has not been robbed. Hey, they have cash, lite security and they get a pick of some possibly good firearms.

Leave a comment:

• TheGDog
    replied
    If the cops can have it? I and You should be able to have it to. End of Story. That's the whole point of the 2nd Amendment. Level playing field, so nobody tries to grow to big for their britches and get all tyrannical on ya. So that they will remain RESPECTFUL and COURTEOUS.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    bhr

"... To others on the site, I apologize for this post, ..."

You owe no one an apology.

I'm of the opinion that "99explorer" delights in causing discontent and discomfort.
    Whether I carry an extra mag or not is completely inconsequential to the subject.

His reply #65 and #66 are merely attempts to brow beat (bully?) me.

1) he (she? xi?) doesn't give a red rat's rear about the 1000's (?) who visit here daily. If so, he wouldn't be such a giant hemorrhoid.
    2) it isn't his "duty" to steer ANY thread in any direction, that's illusions of granduer and happens quite often with nobody's help.
    3) his assumption that the thread was about "the virtues of having an AR-15 for home defense" is totally out of context.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Personally 99, you have driven me to not giving a rat’s behind what motivates you to think about anything ! Your hang up on this particular thread is the cause of whatever problem you think I may have. But you are right, I do have a problem, and it is you !!! If you would post 1-2 topics that ‘were’ of interest for new members, that certainly would help ! To others on the site, I apologize for this post, but when I am attacked, I have a hard time crawling into a corner and shuddering !!!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    It could be the fear of ridicule, which now runs rampant on this site, and probably discourages new members from commenting freely on topics of interest.
    JMO.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    There are probably about 1,000 or more visitors who check out this site daily, and who read our comments in this "Other" forum during their visits.
    When I post a comment, I am thinking of them and not just the person I am addressing.
    They are the "WE" to whom I refer to as waiting for an answer from Bubba and others about whether an armed citizen should feel comfortable without a spare magazine for his carry pistol.
    This thread started out as a comment on the virtues of having an AR-15 for home defense, and I steered it over into "how much is enough" for concealed carry, a reasonable extension of the topic.
    I fail to grasp the reluctance of some to share their opinions in this regard, but prefer to discuss buy-back programs in other countries.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 07-17-2019, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Speaking of "buy back" programs, I understand that New Zealand isn't "buying" many weapons.
    I believe, last I read, there are several million firearms the government made illegal.
    Seems they've only had like 650+ "sold back" so far.
    Guess they lost them!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
    Personally, I’m glad I sold all my ARs and hi-cap pistols at the last buy back event. I’m also selling my oceanfront property in Arizona....
    Good "i-deer" WAM!

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    Haven't had a buy-back in Texas yet. When they do, I'm sure all the thuglets, criminals, gang bangers, outlaws and general undesirables will sell their guns back, allowing me to sell off the contents of my gun safe down to a .22 LR and the above mentioned .410 shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    replied
    Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
    Personally, I’m glad I sold all my ARs and hi-cap pistols at the last buy back event. I’m also selling my oceanfront property in Arizona....
    Hear! Hear!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    There are currently 235 users online.
    So? There were 447 online yesterday. Currently there are 290 online.
    What's your point? ...other than some obscure desire to post inane garbage?

p s. - I can copy and paste others posts and make wild, unsubstantiated claims as to their meaning.
    You still haven't proven I've "ridiculed" anyone ... other than I find you ridiculously insubstantial.

p.p.s. - who is "we"?
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-17-2019, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad