Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't need an AR15...

...or do you?

"Pardon me! Before you start shooting, please let me unlock my safe and load my single shot. 410!"

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...s-killing-two/

As far as I can say it’s like any firearm. You have those who like this and those who like that. I personally own multiple AR-15/AR-10. I use them to hunt with, use target shooting, and for protection. If I have to defend myself, family, property from anyone I’m adequately equipped to do so. I personally don’t have a problem with any semi-auto firearms.

Comment

Need has not one thing to do with it. The man had a right to own the weapon, and a right to defend his home and family. Both rights are granted by God, and cemented by the Second Amendment. Anyone objecting is probably a communist.

Comment

My 12 gauge pump with OO would probably have done as well or better. But I wouldn't have felt under gunned with the suppressed AR in .300 BLK

Got a single-shot .410 in the closet too...

Instead of the AR10, I have a M1 Garand and it probably weighs less.
        Last edited by PigHunter; 07-13-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Sarge View Post
          As far as I can say it’s like any firearm. You have those who like this and those who like that. I personally own multiple AR-15/AR-10. I use them to hunt with, use target shooting, and for protection. If I have to defend myself, family, property from anyone I’m adequately equipped to do so. I personally don’t have a problem with any semi-auto firearms.
          The same with the exception of a single AR10.
          Love the thing, but it weighs in at 11 pounds with a full mag! LOL!
          Multiple 15's in much more manageable weights.
          I even have a bull barrel .223 Wylde that is still 5 pounds shy of my AR10.

I find the AR's very capable in the field. Easy carry, low recoil, easy reload, short and easy to handle.
          In a field scenario, 10 round mags are quite sufficient. At the bench and for varmints (2 & 4 legged varieties!) I keep 20 and 30 round mags at hand.

Comment

Man I have two AR-10/ one 7.62x51 and the other 6.5Creedmoore. Both of them are my top picks to hit the woods with. I just finished a build with a HBar Krieger Barrel. I can’t wait to get on the range with it. I don’t own on putting Aw Leupold AR 6-18x44 scope ok it..:::You’re spot on with the mags choices. I got s little something more for two legged critters though.

Comment

Got a Ruger Ranch beside the bed and a Smith .40 S&W on the night stand.
              Just c'mon in!

Comment

My 12 gauge is under the bed, 9mm in the nightstand

Comment

Wonder why they chose his house, usually these kinds of things aren't random.

I've got Barnes in my AR, not a big fan of milsurp bullets. It's not for nothing people use a 12 ga with slugs for bear defence.

Comment

Bubba - You may feel you need a loaded semi-auto rifle with two spare 30-round magazines.
                    But according to "The Armed Citizen" column in "The American Rifleman," most home invasions are terminated with just one shot (if any at all), because most burglars are not programmed for a gunfight with their victims, and take flight at the slightest hint of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      Bubba - You may feel you need a loaded semi-auto rifle with two spare 30-round magazines.
                      But according to "The Armed Citizen" column in "The American Rifleman," most home invasions are terminated with just one shot (if any at all), because most burglars are not programmed for a gunfight with their victims, and take flight at the slightest hint of trouble.
                      The number of rounds necessary for an upcoming event is subjective at best.
                      The number of rounds available should any unfortunate event arise, being known, isn't subjective.
                      In fact, knowing X number of rounds are available, can be quite comforting.

Comment

Having a stovepipe jam on the second shot would not be fatal if the dude went out the door so fast that he saw himself coming in.

Comment

Who in a gunfight ever said "gee I wish I had less ammo!" ?

Yeah, maybe 30 rounds is a lot of extra, However, thugs today are arming themselves with high cap stuff.

Never underestimate your opponent.

Real simple...........the bad guys might not just be punks. Could be agents of sorts.
                          And when a politician says you don't need an AR15 or high cap mags...........what he/she is telling you is.........

you do NEED one.

Because they are evil.

Comment

The ol lady says each of our kids needs an AR15 and a 9mm pistol.
                            Her job deals with criminals.

Lots of people have no idea how bad things are these days.

Things have changed a bunch the last 10 years and it hasn't gotten better. Don't give a flip what the media says.

Last edited by CD2; 07-15-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

AR in .223 can be a dandy varmint rifle too.
                              My buddy with my old Stag AR15.
                              Think he flubbed the first shot and dropped it on the 2nd, on the run.
                              Semi auto saved the day!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	yote.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	710267

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad