C. of the W.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C. of the W.

Amazon is now shipping the new 16 edition of Cartridges of the World. Very nice with many new cartridges. .300PRC is on the front cover.

I'll see if I can locate it again, but I read an article today the government (Army) is asking for bids for 6.8mm ammo and components!

Comment

The 6.8SPC (.270) developed in 2003 by Holland and Murry is in CofW, developed to give more power to the A-4. The 85gr does get close to 2900 fps but the 110 gr slows to the 2500 fps range. Advantages, similar bolt diameter using the .30 Rem cases. Also, fits existing magazines without modification. Many Co's make the ammo and several Manuf. chamber for the cartridge. No mention of Army interest.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 07-11-2019, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, check out this brave dog running into a black bear in West Milford, N.J.
        Jimbo, sorry for using your Amazon thread. Why open up a new thread?

https://abc7ny.com/pets-animals/vide...ersey/5387530/

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
          Hey guys, check out this brave dog running into a black bear in West Milford, N.J.

Gary, you can start a new topic, that is what 'other' is for. So far there are 161,000 topics. If you start a topic, it will show up in the list at the right.

Comment

Big G, just come on back.

Comment

It started out, the "new" 6.8mm military cartridge was reported to be some sort of caseless, poly, paper or some substance other than brass round.
              From what I can tell, this will be a traditional, brass cased round with a 110 or 120 grain bullet.
              This rounds performance with 85 to 100 grain hunting style bullets is absolutely awesome.
              I suppose with FMJ projectiles, the extra weight is necessary.

Comment

Bubba, how would that compare with the .300 BLK loaded with a 110 grain? Would prtformance on game be about the same?

Comment

Jimbo, what does the C of W say about the .300 BLK?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

Gary, why would you not open a new thread?

Comment

Jimbo and Pig, Open a new thread over a dog chasing a black bear. What the question, "is this Bubba's, Wam's or Honker's dog in New Jersey chasing black bear." I posted Bear videos, Live Eagle cams and Iowa live deer cams at Outdoor Life and nobody gave a hoot or answered.
                      jimbo I do not need headline posted on the right side.
                      Maybe in the future, I will post an old black bear thread on any more Jersey bear news videos that pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                        Jimbo, what does the C of W say about the .300 BLK?
                        For hunting similar to a 7.62X39 or 30-30. About 2100 to 2300 fps with 115 to 135gr bullets. The 220gr only about 1,000fps.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                          Bubba, how would that compare with the .300 BLK loaded with a 110 grain? Would prtformance on game be about the same?
                          pighunter, without looking up any data, I'd say within "normal" deer slaying ranges, say out to about 200 yards, I'd say performance would be pretty similar.
                          About 80 yards has been my maximum kill with the 6.8mm.
                          That was a feral, +/-200# with a hand loaded Sierra 90 gr HP.
                          I really didn't expect a good, clean, "d.r.t." kill, but when he piled up within 60 yards after the shot, I was pleasantly surprised.

I haven't been impressed with the .300 ACC, but from all accounts, it seems to do quite well.

Comment

Gary - Good post.
                            Hijacking a thread is not a capital offense around here.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              Gary - Good post.
                              Hijacking a thread is not a capital offense around here.
                              LOL! Now that there's funny!
                              I don't keer who y'are!

pighunter
                              I've killed many deer with a Marlin .30-30.
                              As the kid in the camp, I read Sports Afield, F&S and OL!
                              I stared at bolt 270's and 06's like a deer staring at headlights and, kid like, longed for the day I could hunt with something besides a weenie lever .30-30!
                              I know the .30-30 is a very respectable cartridge, but in my mind, it's still grampa's .30-30!
                              To me, the .300 BO and the 7.62×39 are just semi auto .30-30's.
                              There's nothing inherently "wrong" with them, they just "ain't my thang"!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Only you can prevent forest fires!
                                by MattM37
                                Guess who will turn 75 on August 9th? Smokey the Bear!

What should we get him?...
                                Yesterday, 12:22 PM
                              • Reply to Only you can prevent forest fires!
                                by 99explorer
                                How about a nice big flood?
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Reply to Tipping Chart
                                by Happy Myles
                                99 in Southern California that is no joke, especially in swanky restaurants were they feel they might be discovered. You can spot them as soon as you...
                                Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                              • Hijacked tankers
                                by jhjimbo
                                Iran has 3 oil tankers (not ours) should we do anything ? What ? Be realistic, attacking the tankers would probably result in them being burned.
                                Yesterday, 05:50 PM
                              • Reply to Hijacked tankers
                                by 99explorer
                                The Iraniacs seem to feel that we owe them one since 1988, when a U.S. Navy missile cruiser accidentally shot down an Iranian airliner flying in Iranian...
                                Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X