Texas changes pig license laws.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas changes pig license laws.

They may have changed the licensing laws, but trespassing laws haven't!
    Hope it doesn't encourage out-of-staters and locals to accept it as "carte blanche" to just go pig "shooting" anywhere they wish.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/06/tex...#axzz5qUztq0uX

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    They may have changed the licensing laws, but trespassing laws haven't!
    Hope it doesn't encourage out-of-staters and locals to accept it as "carte blanche" to just go pig "shooting" anywhere they wish.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/06/tex...#axzz5qUztq0uX
    Should not be so set against outsiders or pretty soon pigs will outnumber Texans.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Should not be so set against outsiders or pretty soon pigs will outnumber Texans.
      jimbo, Texans aren't set against "pig hunters".
      They are "dead set" against the unintentional damage caused by well meaning *pig shooters.

*pig shooters have a tendency to leave gates open, tear down fences, drive through crop fields in their single minded efforts to kill pigs.
      Quite often, they do more damage than the pigs!

Pigs won't "sue" land owners over asinine injuries.
      Pig shooters sometimes will.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

jimbo, Texans aren't set against "pig hunters".
        They are "dead set" against the unintentional damage caused by well meaning *pig shooters.

*pig shooters have a tendency to leave gates open, tear down fences, drive through crop fields in their single minded efforts to kill pigs.
        Quite often, they do more damage than the pigs!

Pigs won't "sue" land owners over asinine injuries.
        Pig shooters sometimes will.
        anytime I went on private land I met with the owner and got the guidelines. Most of the time they told me where the game was. All of what you said is bogus and easily ameliorated. I have hunted around Burkburnett and never had a problem.
        Last edited by jhjimbo; 06-11-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

jimbo, have you hunted up here in the last 15/20 years?
          A lot has changed.

Comment

They had to do something. Just as long as the owner keeps it properly posted than it shouldn’t be and issue but I know how ignorant people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
              They had to do something. Just as long as the owner keeps it properly posted than it shouldn’t be and issue but I know how ignorant people are.
              SL, I have encountered people right here on this blog who were absolutely livid that I would "POST" my property and not allow just anyone to hunt.
              The standard mindset was, "...the game belongs to the state, therefore, where ever the game goes, I should be allowed to go!..."
              That I would plant crops and food plots to attract game onto my property just goaded them on!

Comment

Remember the posted signs are there more to save you in some situations. More for the idiots who try to turn it back on you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gorsuch is correct.
                  by FirstBubba
                  I agree with longer sentences for crimes involving guns, but Justice Gorsuch is correct.
                  The Constitution makes no mention of crimes committed with...
                  Yesterday, 10:19 PM
                • Reply to Gorsuch is correct.
                  by FirstBubba
                  "... Vague laws leave it to unelected attorneys and judges to determine what acts qualify as crimes, ..."

One must simply look...
                  Today, 07:39 AM
                • High Velocity Politics
                  by jhjimbo
                  Can you believe the Democratic candidates have a whole 60 seconds to answer a question and say what they want tomorrow night and Thurs night. Wait, that...
                  Yesterday, 08:38 PM
                • Reply to High Velocity Politics
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  Can you just imagine the more than two handfuls of D’s all trying to outdo the other ? How in the world will they be able to come up with enough lies...
                  Today, 07:34 AM
                • Reply to High Velocity Politics
                  by crm3006
                  60 seconds is about 50 seconds longer than I want to listen to any of the current crop of demoncrat losers, liars, fakers, dumb-asses and has beens. I...
                  Today, 06:53 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X