Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    .270 LGBT?

Typo or just making the .270 win more ghey than it is?
    (on another forum that's a long time joke)
    you shot gay bullets ?

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
      Just to clarify somewhat, most of the Texas whitetails are being shot at ranges from 100+ yds. out to 200/250 yds. One of the elk was shot at 212 yds. (lasered), and the other at 235 yds. (lasered). The 235 yd. shot was the last one that took her down with a broken neck, she had taken two more hits through the heart and lung area previously without slowing down. Range is important when judging bullet performance.
      what the heck was that load ? Not very good results.

Comment

"what the heck was that load ? Not very good results."
        NBT out of a .30-06. Started at about 150 yds., then another at about 175-180 yds., then the final shot at 235 yds that broke her neck and put her down. When we skinned her out, either one of the first two shots would have killed her, but I thought I had missed, from getting no reaction whatsoever. One shot was through both lungs, one shot had just cut her heart and was through both lungs. Both NBTs were through and through, just didn't slow down a big animal on the move. Kept shooting 'til she went down, didn't want her in the heavy timber. As good of results as you can get, two through and through the boiler house, but elk are tough, and hard to stop when they get moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
          Be gentle Bubba, in 1960, I had graduated from college.
          At that point in my life H. Myles, I probably hadn't been out of my home county a dozen times.
          My folks weren't big on traveling OR trying new things.
          I was 18 before I realized I wasn't kin to half the black folks in the county! LOL!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gorsuch is correct.
            by FirstBubba
            I agree with longer sentences for crimes involving guns, but Justice Gorsuch is correct.
            The Constitution makes no mention of crimes committed with...
            Yesterday, 10:19 PM
          • Reply to Gorsuch is correct.
            by FirstBubba
            "... Vague laws leave it to unelected attorneys and judges to determine what acts qualify as crimes, ..."

One must simply look...
            Today, 07:39 AM
          • High Velocity Politics
            by jhjimbo
            Can you believe the Democratic candidates have a whole 60 seconds to answer a question and say what they want tomorrow night and Thurs night. Wait, that...
            Yesterday, 08:38 PM
          • Reply to High Velocity Politics
            by bowhunter75richard
            Can you just imagine the more than two handfuls of D’s all trying to outdo the other ? How in the world will they be able to come up with enough lies...
            Today, 07:34 AM
          • Reply to High Velocity Politics
            by crm3006
            60 seconds is about 50 seconds longer than I want to listen to any of the current crop of demoncrat losers, liars, fakers, dumb-asses and has beens. I...
            Today, 06:53 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X