Flea Market finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market finds

I usually hit a couple flea markets and today found a box of Weatherby .300 with 180gr partitions for $15. A guy I was talking to found a couple of fishing rods. He knew his stuff. One had some gold plating and worth $500 and he picked it up for $10. He said there were only 1300 made. Found another, same place, for $10 that he said is a $300 rod. Nice finds. One guy walking around had a like new in the box Ruger original .22 pistol. He was asking $350.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 06-09-2019, 05:50 PM.

The 2 big flea market complexes closest to me (1with3 buildings, 1 with 6) no longer allow arms or ammunition to be sold. Accessories are ok. No bows, no arrows. Oddly, for now anyway, swords and knives are welcome. Go figure. FWIW concealed carry is welcome at both venues as well.

Comment

Best I found so far has been a Finnish M91 for $85. It's easily worth 3 times that.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Best I found so far has been a Finnish M91 for $85. It's easily worth 3 times that.
        is that the 6.5X55 ?

Comment

You guys wanna see a flea market?
          Go to the "First Monday" sale in Canton, Texas!
          It's the weekend before the first Monday of each month. Summer, winter, spring or fall.
          I've never talked to anybody who's seen the entire thing in one weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

is that the 6.5X55 ?
            Jimbo, the Finnish M91 was built on Mosin-Nagant receivers and is chambered in 7.62x54R. Here's an article about the rifle...
            http://www.mosinnagant.net/finland/F...Nagant-M91.asp

Mine is accurate enough for deer hunting within 200 yards if the light is adequate for the iron sights. On a good day, I can hold three shot groups to about 2 MOA using 180 grain softpoints.

Attached are a couple of pictures showing the ammo and my rifle. I've hunted deer and pigs a few times with it but haven't been able to shoot any game on those days.
            Last edited by PigHunter; 06-14-2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gorsuch is correct.
              by FirstBubba
              I agree with longer sentences for crimes involving guns, but Justice Gorsuch is correct.
              The Constitution makes no mention of crimes committed with...
              Yesterday, 10:19 PM
            • Reply to Gorsuch is correct.
              by FirstBubba
              "... Vague laws leave it to unelected attorneys and judges to determine what acts qualify as crimes, ..."

One must simply look...
              Today, 07:39 AM
            • High Velocity Politics
              by jhjimbo
              Can you believe the Democratic candidates have a whole 60 seconds to answer a question and say what they want tomorrow night and Thurs night. Wait, that...
              Yesterday, 08:38 PM
            • Reply to High Velocity Politics
              by bowhunter75richard
              Can you just imagine the more than two handfuls of D’s all trying to outdo the other ? How in the world will they be able to come up with enough lies...
              Today, 07:34 AM
            • Reply to High Velocity Politics
              by crm3006
              60 seconds is about 50 seconds longer than I want to listen to any of the current crop of demoncrat losers, liars, fakers, dumb-asses and has beens. I...
              Today, 06:53 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X