Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go to message boards, click tips and read "keeping your hands clean". How do you keep yours clean in the field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to message boards, click tips and read "keeping your hands clean". How do you keep yours clean in the field?

Go to message boards, click tips and read "keeping your hands clean". How do you keep yours clean in the field?

Wipe them on my pants.

Comment

latex gloves and baby wipes

Comment

I guess I'm old school. I figure that I can wipe them on my pants and then wash then with an old tooth brush at home when I'm done. No latex for me.

Comment

Nitrile gloves are latex free and don't cause allergic reactions.

Comment

Leaves, pants, latex, baby wipes - whatever. the best way is to have something like toilet paper in your vest at all times.

Comment

Wipe them on my pants,shirt,leaves or wash them in a creek if one is available.

Comment

Haven't read the message baord tip but believe it or not grass cleans pretty good. Grab a big wad and scrub.

Comment

Latex Gloves and grass and dirt to absorb the blood, then some water from water bottles or hydration bladder.Dry hands by wiping on pants.

Comment

I love to keep a water bottle nearby so that way you can pour some water on your hands rub them together and dry them on a towl.

Comment

Put a 20 gallon water tank on your mule so you have plenty of water to wash your hands and enough to wash you meat.

Comment

I always carry a few clean shop rags to the field with me. They work great for cleaning your hands, but are even better for when nature calls. It sure beats the hell out of having to sacrifice your socks for wiping after you have done your business.

Comment

Never heard of wiping with socks thats a good one. My point is Nitrile gloves take up tiny space in your pocket and you don't have to scrub your hands to get the stink off later. It takes a lot of scrubbing to get the dried blood and gore from around my nails.

Comment

I like the sportmans wipes they sell at Sportsmans and other sporting good stores. They are wet washcloths, usually four in a pack. They are great when hunting in dry country they stay wet for a long time and are small enough to throw in your bag. After you've used them you can save them and us them as rags. They are relatively cheep and last forever, and you don't have to waste drinking water or cover you cloths with blood.

Comment

For washing my hands, I usually rely on a bar of Lava or a bottle of camper's soap, which I purchased at a nearby REI, and I keep extra water in my truck bed. I recently reached for that water to wash my hands after putting snowchains on my tires, and it was a block of ice! I should have foreseen that.
                              Keeping a pack of premoistened wipes in the truck makes perfect sense to me, but I don't replace those packs as regularly as I should when I've expended them.
                              I still keep a supply of toilet paper packs in the glove box or console, left over from MREs, and I carry a small container with Immodium AD in my kit if things loosen up.
                              I also rely on surgical gloves to avoid blood under my nails because I'm well aware blood is an excellent culture medium; I could say the same for mayonnaise.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad