X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5mm Creedmoor

Who wants a free gun?
    I'd take one!
    I buy parts from this group quite often.
    Superb customer service.
    I'm throwing MY hat in the ring!

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/pri...#axzz5nu2UFJRn

Looks like a great rig!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Looks like a great rig!
      Heck yeah!
      Its worth the aggravation of all the ads you'll get just for a shot at a freebie like that!
      I've already entered!

P.S. - pighunter, just went back to the link to look at the gun!
      DEALS OFF!
      No sling! LOL!

BTW! Finished my heavy bbl 5.56/.223 today!
      BCA heavy bbl w/spiral fluting and .223 Wylde chamber.
      Free floating fore end. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190514_133653.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	707847
      Last edited by FirstBubba; 05-14-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Nice rifle Bubba. You inspired me with your previous builds. I've finally worked my way up to building one from scratch. I bought all the parts individually from the roll pins on up. It was fun and educational and it SHOOTS. 24" bull barrel in .223 Wylde. Black and Tungsten CeraKote.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
          Nice rifle Bubba. You inspired me with your previous builds. I've finally worked my way up to building one from scratch. I bought all the parts individually from the roll pins on up. It was fun and educational and it SHOOTS. 24" bull barrel in .223 Wylde. Black and Tungsten CeraKote.
          I've since added a 1/2" riser.
          The scope was so low, mounting the rifle I barely got the horizontal reticle! LOL!
          D'Man, nice build, I just can't get into those long barrels. I prefer compact and light and I'm not into zillion yard shots.
          I had a stripped Anderson lower and no idea what to build except a 5.56/.223. Cruising the 'net, I stumbled into that Bear Creek Arsenal bull barrel with spiral fluting and a .223 Wylde chamber for $59.99! I couldn't help myself! LOL!

But...that's what I like about building AR's! Build what you like!
          I'm supposing, since you're in Georgia (?), you used PSA parts?

Comment

I can understand differences in barrel length. The long bull barrels add weight for carrying but they add velocity for 1000 yard shooting. The speed also makes it a lot more predictable to hit a running coyote. Please let us know how that Bear Creek barrel shoots. I don't understand how they can make a barrel for that price. I got mine at EABCO.com. It is air gauged to .0002" and that is the primary requisite for accuracy. It's shooting under a half inch at 100 yards but I'm still trying to tune a load for it. I should be able to shoot p-dogs at 600 yards with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
              I can understand differences in barrel length. The long bull barrels add weight for carrying but they add velocity for 1000 yard shooting. The speed also makes it a lot more predictable to hit a running coyote. Please let us know how that Bear Creek barrel shoots. I don't understand how they can make a barrel for that price. I got mine at EABCO.com. It is air gauged to .0002" and that is the primary requisite for accuracy. It's shooting under a half inch at 100 yards but I'm still trying to tune a load for it. I should be able to shoot p-dogs at 600 yards with no problem.
              Heck, I can't even SEE 600 yards, much less shoot anything that far! LOL!

I bought the barrel from a supplier, not BCA. Chances are, it was an item that wasn't moving and they were willing to take a loss to recoup some of their money and get rid of dead inventory.
              As for being "air gauged"? No idea!
              For that price, I didn't ask questions!
              Life is pretty busy right now. I mounted a scope on my 6.8mm last fall and STILL haven't had a chance to dial it in.
              The biggest hold up on the 6.8 was getting my hands on some Speer GD 90 grain bullets and Accurate 2200 powder for load development.
              Neither are available "off the shelf" within 100 miles!
              I'm hoping to get both this gun and my 6.8 going for this fall.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad