Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Cops

Skip forward to about 2:00:00 minutes.
    She is lucky to survive. Had he been more determined, I'm not sure she could have managed to over come his attack.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ing-him-video/

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Skip forward to about 2:00:00 minutes.
    She is lucky to survive. Had he been more determined, I'm not sure she could have managed to over come his attack.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ing-him-video/
    Your point is ? This could not happen to a male police officer ?

Comment

There are some very interesting comments at the end of that article, all concerning different aspects of the issue. Some are quite noteworthy, they are worth the read. It amazes me how people can have so many different opinions about things that affect or happen to other people, and especially when it concerns someone in the use of a gun, or even in the occasion of saving their lives !!

Comment

In World War II, Audie Murphy was rejected by the Marine Corps because he was only 5'5" tall.
        The Army accepted him, and he became the most decorated soldier in the U.S. Armed Forces during the war.
        Last edited by 99explorer; 05-10-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I am sure there is a connection here someplace, just give me a few more days to connect the dots !

Comment

If Officer Norman had the skills and talents of Rhonda Rousey (sp?), Mr. Scott may have rued the day he made a decision to rush a cop, he may have been bruised and battered but alive.
            Taking on a cop, female or not, that you KNOW is armed and knows how to use the weapon? He got what he deserved.

Comment

BHR - The connection between Audie Murphy and the lady cop is the similarity in size.
              Audie Murphy weighed 112 lbs.

Comment

Maybe he should have turned and ran. Might of went his way. Looks like she handled herself.

Comment

I have to wonder if the lady didn't have a taser gun she could have used to avoid using deadly force.

Comment

Was wondering the same thing. The taser should have been the first choice.

Comment

Read the article. It states that the suspect was too close for the taser to be affective. It stated the taser target has to be outside of 15 feet and she allowed him to get inside of that. Maybe she did not think it necessary until too late. If so, bad judgement on her part. Her big mistake in the first place was to allow him the distance where he could get his hands on her !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                        Read the article. It states that the suspect was too close for the taser to be affective. It stated the taser target has to be outside of 15 feet and she allowed him to get inside of that. Maybe she did not think it necessary until too late. If so, bad judgement on her part. Her big mistake in the first place was to allow him the distance where he could get his hands on her !
                        bhr, within twenty one (21) feet or 7 yards, is considered the point at which a "rush" may be successful.

Knowing her "disadvantage", she should have already had her sidearm drawn or picked up her long gun before leaving her vehicle.

A taser is a tool to use when there are two or more officers on the scene.
                        A lone officer, male or female, should only consider "deadly force" when a subject becomes defensive or combative.

JMNSHO

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Obstruction Question !
                          by bowhunter75richard
                          Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
                          Today, 10:41 AM
                        • Reply to Obstruction Question !
                          by bowhunter75richard
                          A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
                          Today, 06:43 PM
                        • Sealed Drags vs Cork
                          by buckhunter
                          Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
                          Yesterday, 10:16 PM
                        • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
                          by Solitario Lupo
                          So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
                          Today, 06:20 PM
                        • Peripheral Vision
                          by bowhunter75richard
                          we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
                          Today, 07:39 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X