X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JasonT
    replied
    Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post

The bad logic goes both ways here. If Rat condemns Trump but not Clinton for draft dodging and other deficiencies that is hypocrisy; likewise, CRM holding draft dodging, philandering and sexual accusations (Trump at least admits he grabs woman against their will and without permission) against Clinton but not Trump is also hypocrisy. There is a no right side of the fence here.

People speak as though specific failings of politicians they don't like are so serious that they are worth the politican's absolute dismissal...UNLESS someone on their side did it in which case it doesn't matter because the other side did it first so they can't talk and besides our guy has all this other stuff going for him that cancels it out. Republicans and Democrats alike set an impossibly high bar for the other side while having the lowest possible bar for themselves. Peopld are only interested in what they can get away with, not the standards and Principles they pretend to care about when they use them to knock the other side
    I think they all beed to go myself.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    ...”Clinton took the college deferment, didn’t gin up a fake injury. Slight difference”.

If you wish to rationalize it as such, that is your choice. But, either way, neither served, no difference ! There were many who took more extreme ways of not serving. For many of us who were not involved in that era and war, do we know for sure just what we would have done ? My service time ended just before that time, so I was spared that decision !
    JT, I had to take a "pre induction" physical right after my 18th b'day in 1968. I was classified 1A-HS, still in high school.
    A lot of the guys I knew who graduated ahead of me were quick to tell me to stay out of 'Nam if at all possible, so I filed for a "college deferment" asap my senior year in high school.
    I enrolled in college, knowing I did NOT want to go to college.
    By October, it was evident I was NOT college material.
    Had it not been for the draft, I'm quite certain my "notice to serve" would have been in the mail by December!
    So, I suppose my lack of service in 'Nam was more "luck of the draw" than a nefarious plot.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I like the way rock rat summarily dismisses Trump and "bone spurs".
    Lots of folks dodged military service with a college deferment. I did!
    Until I won LBJ's "draft" in the fall of 1969 with "#324".
    I went on about my insignificant, non military life.

I heard about the "bone spur" , but pretty much dismissed it. Sort of a "Get out of jail - FREE" card thing.
    Then 1991 happened to me.
    The only time my feet hurt is when they touch the floor or when I stand up.
    Bone spurs can be easily diagnosed with an xray and can occur near any bone joint in the body.
    Unless you've experienced the pain and discomfort of unrelenting foot (bone?) pain every time you take a step, don't dismiss "bone spurs" as a "bah, humbug!".
    Don't judge someone until you've walked in his moccasins.

p.s. - want to know how bone spurs feel? Put 4 or 5 pea gravel in each boot before your next hike! ENJOY!

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    ...”Clinton took the college deferment, didn’t gin up a fake injury. Slight difference”.

If you wish to rationalize it as such, that is your choice. But, either way, neither served, no difference ! There were many who took more extreme ways of not serving. For many of us who were not involved in that era and war, do we know for sure just what we would have done ? My service time ended just before that time, so I was spared that decision !

Leave a comment:

• Harmonious Fulmination
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonT View Post

I think you looking from the wrong side of the fence again HF.

Trump is a no good draft dodger but it was ok for ole billie boy cause he was a liberal turd with his nuts in his crazy wifes purse.

typical liberal logic, I beleive that may have been the point.
    The bad logic goes both ways here. If Rat condemns Trump but not Clinton for draft dodging and other deficiencies that is hypocrisy; likewise, CRM holding draft dodging, philandering and sexual accusations (Trump at least admits he grabs woman against their will and without permission) against Clinton but not Trump is also hypocrisy. There is a no right side of the fence here.

People speak as though specific failings of politicians they don't like are so serious that they are worth the politican's absolute dismissal...UNLESS someone on their side did it in which case it doesn't matter because the other side did it first so they can't talk and besides our guy has all this other stuff going for him that cancels it out. Republicans and Democrats alike set an impossibly high bar for the other side while having the lowest possible bar for themselves. Peopld are only interested in what they can get away with, not the standards and Principles they pretend to care about when they use them to knock the other side
    Last edited by Harmonious Fulmination; 03-28-2019, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    Not a big fan of Clinton either. I don't remember him denigrating war heroes though. Also Clinton took the college deferment, didn't gin up a fake injury. Slight difference. Myself, I didn't go, so I don't bad mouth the honor of those who did.

Leave a comment:

• JasonT
    replied
    Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post

So Trump isn't a low life because Clinton is a lower life?
    I think you looking from the wrong side of the fence again HF.

Trump is a no good draft dodger but it was ok for ole billie boy cause he was a liberal turd with his nuts in his crazy wifes purse.

typical liberal logic, I beleive that may have been the point.

Leave a comment:

• Harmonious Fulmination
    replied
    Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    Rat writes-
    Personally I'm not fond of cowardly low life draft dodgers when they are also big mouthed blow hards, even if I like some of their policies. I guess the big mouth stuff is what really does it, regular cowardly draft dodgers I'm ok with.

So, I guess you were a big fan of slick Willie Clinton, who was not only a big mouthed, blow hard draft dodger, but also a philanderer, rapist, molester and pedophile. Way to go Rat, you not only have a communist avatar, you have great taste in politicians!
    So Trump isn't a low life because Clinton is a lower life?

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    Rat writes-
    Personally I'm not fond of cowardly low life draft dodgers when they are also big mouthed blow hards, even if I like some of their policies. I guess the big mouth stuff is what really does it, regular cowardly draft dodgers I'm ok with.

So, I guess you were a big fan of slick Willie Clinton, who was not only a big mouthed, blow hard draft dodger, but also a philanderer, rapist, molester and pedophile. Way to go Rat, you not only have a communist avatar, you have great taste in politicians!

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    No deflection, go ahead and talk all you want about how that draft dodger President Bone Spur is so much more honorable than John McCain. CT stuff from weirdo web sites aren't in the title nor the OP.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

I would think that after reading Bubba’s remarks in post #34, to which you made no remark, that it would be you that would think it to be a good idea to start a new thread, in as much as he left you no room to win any argument in this one !
    Liberal SOP, when someone asks questions you don't want to answer, you just deflect and evade.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Originally posted by rock rat View Post
    Ok, I get it, you concede that comparing McCain and President bone spurs isn't a good idea. Maybe you should start a new thread if you want to change the subject.
    I would think that after reading Bubba’s remarks in post #34, to which you made no remark, that it would be you that would think it to be a good idea to start a new thread, in as much as he left you no room to win any argument in this one !
    Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-26-2019, 11:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by rock rat View Post
    Ok, I get it, you concede that comparing McCain and President bone spurs isn't a good idea. Maybe you should start a new thread if you want to change the subject.
    Adjust your meds and straighten your Adam Schiff tin foil hat, rock rat.
    McCain was a "putz" and politically motivated rather than representing his constituency.
    Trump ain't perfect, nobody has claimed he was, but he represents his constituency, the American people rather than his own self interests.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MoeStelzer
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    "... Back on McCain vs Trump, ..."

Okay, what about McCain vs Trump?

On Trump vs Un.
    Trump has gotten more out of Un and RoNK than any of his predecessors. You catch way more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
    Un's grandfather and father acquiesced to the U.S. until they could convince the U.S. to ease sanctions. Then they returned to their former activities.
    Kim is doing the same thing. Trump is giving Kim a taste of the good life.
    Un is small potatoes.

Trump vs Putin?

Dig back in your memory, rock rat!

Who decided to get rid of Ghaddafi?
    Obama and Hillary.
    What happened when Ghaddafi was dethroned? ISIS
    Who sold half of our uranium to Putin?
    Hillary.
    Who backed the Muslim Brotherhood?
    Obama
    Who gave Iran $1.5B in cash?
    Obama
    Who drew a "line in the sand" in Syria then backed away?
    Obama
    Who traded pow's for a traitor (Bergdahl)?
    Obama
    Who told a Russian, "Tell Vladimir I'll have more leeway once I'm reelected!"?
    Obama
    Who went on a whirlwind "apology" tour, bowing to foreign officials and kissing their hands?
    Obama
    I have more if you'd care to see it, but something tells me you will skip over or ignore this.

Before you stupidly babble about Trump being a "vulgar idiot", think about the two "vulgar idiots" that preceded him! Obama and Hillary!

Who disrespected "...people who cling to their Bibles and guns!"
    Obama
    Who called half of all Americans a "...basket of deplorables!"
    Hillary
    Yep. Actions speak louder than words, for good as well as for bad.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad