Firearm Manufacturers can be sued.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearm Manufacturers can be sued.

Supreme Court rules Firearm Manufacturers can be sued. It is based on how the Manufacturer marketed the firearm. If they said the firearm made them more of a man, they can be sued.

Are you referring to the Connecticut Supreme Court and the Sandy Hook ruling?

Comment

This ruling, from the Connecticut Supreme Court, does not dispose of the case.
      It merely allows it to move forward to trial. Chances of success are low.

Comment

That may be correct 99, but this is the first time a high court has made such a ruling. There could be an important precedent started here, it is a bad beginning for the gun industry possibly.

Comment

BHR - You are right, but all it would take to reverse that ruling would be one U.S. federal district court decision on constitutional grounds.
          This is a state court ruling against the applicabiIiIty of a federal law.
          Last edited by 99explorer; 03-14-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I heard this on Chris Matthews program and not sure he said. It probably will not stand. It would be like a drunk killing someone and the whiskey company getting sued.

Comment

Jimbo - That is true, but in the case of firearms manufacturers, there is a federal statute protecting them.
              In the case of whiskey companies, they have only common sense protecting them.

Comment

Yeah, state court ruling on a federal law.
                Unless the SDNY gets it next, an unbiased court "should" overturn the decision.
                If it's upheld, I'm suing Toyota! That's what the woman that hit me head on was driving!

Comment

Was she texting while driving?
                  I saw a little girl riding on a tricycle recently, while talking into a toy cell phone, just like mommy.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    Jimbo - That is true, but in the case of firearms manufacturers, there is a federal statute protecting them.
                    In the case of whiskey companies, they have only common sense protecting them.
                    Any statute can be changed - not worth the paper it is written on.

Comment

might as well sue old spice....

Comment

Originally posted by MR.Snowman View Post
                        might as well sue old spice....
                        Thought about that more than once. In the years before I gave it up, never had a chick try to make me take advantage of her. If you can not believe advertisements, what’s the sense of having dreams ? LOL
                        Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-15-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Don't forget harley davidson either, every picture of one has a supermodel sitting on it but yet to find the dealer throwing one in on the deal.

Comment

Remember the "Rigid Tool" calendars?
                            ...or a Bob Allen catalog?

Comment

The cause of the ‘rigid tool’ was the calendar !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
                                Today, 10:41 AM
                              • Reply to Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
                                Today, 06:43 PM
                              • Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by buckhunter
                                Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
                                Yesterday, 10:16 PM
                              • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by Solitario Lupo
                                So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
                                Today, 06:20 PM
                              • Peripheral Vision
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
                                Today, 07:39 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X