Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise control feature on steering wheel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    I use cruise unless in city or heavy traffic.
    I've driven multiple vehicles with cruise.
    The + button adds 2 mph.
    The - button takes off 1 mph.
    Cruise gives you the best mileage and helps maintain a constant speed.
    If anything irritates me, it's the Gomer who drives 45mph up hill and 80mph down hill.
    ...but to not use your cruise because it's too fast or slow for your comfort level means:
    A. you don't know how to set your cruise
    B. you don't need to be driving

As for cell phone usage, I keep mine charging in the vehicle. Texting means I pull off the road.
    How about the Gomer who doesn’t use cruise but goes 40in a 55, and still goes 40 in a 30 zone?

Actually you shouldn’t use cruise control when it’s raining significantly. If the vehicle starts to hydroplane the cruise may sense a loss of speed and hit the accelerator.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

How about the Gomer who doesn’t use cruise but goes 40in a 55, and still goes 40 in a 30 zone?

Actually you shouldn’t use cruise control when it’s raining significantly. If the vehicle starts to hydroplane the cruise may sense a loss of speed and hit the accelerator.
      We have a local that does that!
      Rain, sleet, shine or snow, Arnold drives 45.
      Mud road, interstate or country road!
      Its 45mph!

When you lose traction, the engine over revs and can throw you into a skid.
      Quite often, the excessive engine rpm trips an over speed that kicks the cruise off or even more dramatically, kills the engine, leaving you with a "dead stick" steering wheel and no brakes! YIKES!
      I've had both happen.

Comment

I love it when some hot rod passes me on the highway at 90mph like I am standing still, and then about ten minutes later,I see him by the side of the road having a blue light party with the state police, and I pass him like he is standing still.
        There is an old German saying, "Ve get too soon old, and too late shmart."

Comment

"... I don't use the text feature at all.
          My mother didn't raise any dumb children. ..." 99explorer

Hmmm... that's debatable!

Comment

Bubba - This coming from a guy who admits to hitting five deer, a pig and had a head-on collision. I'll bet you've been to a few blue-light parties.
            I believe you've said you keep a Rottweiler too.
            Life on the edge.

Comment

I've intentionally hit pigs with the 4x4. Killed 2 that day.

Comment

PH - The thrill of the kill. A sure sign of masculinity, like shooting bluebirds (Outdoor Life site).
                The Connecticut Supreme Court has just ruled that a lawsuit by the Sandy Hook parents can go forward despite the federal law protecting gun manufacturers from liability for the wrongful use of their products.
                It seems the court felt that Remington's marketing techniques were aimed at deranged individuals captivated by the cosmetic features of military styled rifles.
                I thought of you when I read that.
                Last edited by 99explorer; 03-14-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Gotta love it when I’m driving on the highway. It saves me for when I see an open road I don’t hit the gas pedal to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                    I have talked to people who claim the use of cruise is dangerous. I feel if that is their thought, it is not the cruise, it is them that are dangerous. I don’t know when cruise was first implemented, but it was one of the very important features installed. I use mine all the time where speed limits are closely monitored, and when others use it, it keeps traffic flowing at a much more even pace. I can not believe some drivers do not make use of this device, boo on them !!!
                    Don't have it and don't want it. First it was a horse, then a bicycle, then a car, then cruise control, now self driving cars. Pretty soon we will all look like buzz lightyear riding hover cars to the grocery store. Give me my old stick shift 4 on the floor and I'm just fine.

Comment

Don' be a "Luddite" JT! LOL!

99, pigs, deer, car wrecks? Fecal matter occurs! Stone cold sober for every incident!
                      The rotty?
                      He's a 120 pound teddy bear!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by FirstBubba; 03-15-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Yeah Jason, like Bubba said, don’t be a “Luddite” ! Have you removed your fuel injection and replaced it with your old carburetor, maybe disconnected your ABS system, still driving a 1949 Ford ? C’mon man, shed the Luddite image, get and use cruise control !
                        Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-15-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

99, besides therapy, have you considered buying a new car with adaptive cruise control? That could be one way you could get your sissy dinosaur ass back into the real world when driving. Just saying...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_cruise_control

Comment

My Jeep has cruise, but I rarely use it. On the steering wheel, it's easy and no big deal.
                            I don't run the interstates much, most of my travel within an hr drive.
                            Around here, too many old farts and women (on cell phones)..........gotta watch out for those clueless would be murderers (weapon of choice- vehicle).

Only vehicle on freakin road.........and they'll pull out in front of ya.
                            Broad daylight.

Or change lanes. Heck, drive the wrong way.

Dunno WTH is wrong with people, double yellows even in town are just a suggestion.
                            Seems the nicer the vehicle the dumber the driver.

As for never getting a ticket. That doesn't say anything other than never having got a ticket.
                            Know some folks like that...........law abiding is everything.

Bet in their ignorance they have broken laws they've never known about.

Sheep.

Bet they'd turn in their guns and be willing slaves, rather than break a law.
                            FWIW I'll be a total bad arse tomorrow if the weather is good and drive 56 in a 55 on the way to the gun range. Might even set the cruise for it.

Oh the horror.

Comment

Jason- Not only do some drivers like the cruise control feature, they hate other drivers who don't like it. It's an us-against-them mindset.
                              It's time for a good Ford-Chevy-Dodge fight here.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                                99, besides therapy, have you considered buying a new car with adaptive cruise control? That could be one way you could get your sissy dinosaur ass back into the real world when driving. Just saying...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_cruise_control
                                PH - I see by your comments on the Outdoor Life site that you prefer the gentlemanly exchange of comments there to the name-calling and insults on this site.
                                I'm starting to agree with you.
                                Last edited by 99explorer; 03-15-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad