University Admission Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University Admission Scam

It was reported the scam has been going on for 8 years. That means a good chance some students involved have graduated. What a sad story people have to cheat like they did. Serious jail time coming - lives ruined.

It goes even further than admissions. I have an Uncle that is a Harvard Law graduate and he can get a position at any number of Alumni Practices if he chooses. The circle of grads is very tight, even if they are 'peter principled' into a position.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-18-2019, 12:05 PM.

I don't approve of the cheating in any form. According to the news reports, there was falsification of records, bribery, inflation of test scores, and multiple other cheats.
    However, this is merely a backlash against the liberal policies that have governed our admission standards for colleges for decades. Affirmative action, quotas for minority admissions, lowered standards for minorities, and other liberal insanity has forced parents who want their little darlings to be admitted to a prestigious institute of higher learning, to cheat. It is a result of liberalism run amok. College admission should be based on test scores, academic achievement, and extracurricular, or athletic achievement. Possibly a break for students with prior military service. Race has no business nor bearing on a college admission form, nor should there be a quota required for X number of minorities, women, little green men from Mars, or any of the other numerous "exceptions and exemptions." It is just another tragic example of the do-gooders creating unintended consequences by well meaning but misguided policy.

Comment

Nope. Its just liberal elitism.
      Now...............how about the corruption of keeping these kids in school, have them "graduate" ?
      Look at college sports...........you think those folks that can't speak a sentence are college material?
      College has been a scam and a joke for a long while.
      They used to have (for the most part) student athletes.
      Now they have athlete students, and graduating, even with all the helpers..........doesn't happen much.
      Need to read up on Bobby Knight. Think he had two students not graduate and one went back to school, because he didn't want to be one of the two........in honor of his coach. Like him or hate him........a young man going back to finish his education due to his coach, when playing days are over.........says a lot to me.

I'm no fan of college or pro sports, but that young man "gets it". Have not followed up to see if he finished. Just the idea, to honor his coach and his record, to do the right thing for him, and in doing so, himself.

That's coaching

As for liberal academia...............they can pound sand.
      Wasn't bad when I went, but some of it back then.
      Only gotten worse, esp in the last 5 yrs.

Comment

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...rees/70891984/

Comment

The scale of this issue is shocking. To think of the number of people involved and their positions, it is almost impossible to think that not one person blew the whistle on this when approached to be part of the scam. There had to be proposals made to many in order to get them on board, and with some not agreeing to do so, but no tips to authorities in connection to these proposals ? That does not say much in regards to the integrity of those in high places in our educational institutions, those who must have been aware there was a skunk somewhere it did not belong !!
          Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-13-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

It's a shame a talented, beautiful girl like Lori Loughlin is really that stupid. People like her are where these millinials come up with this entitlement, and white privelage BS.

Comment

Bribery is a way of life in many parts of the world. This is small stuff by comparison.

Comment

Race plays a part in admissions, Asians are way ahead of everybody else in intelligence and desired by Admissions, especially in places like MIT. Problem is, a lot of students we educate eventually leave the U.S..
                I have long thought cheating by job seekers is a lot like what the Universities have been experiencing. HR is not as likely to check everything on a resume or CV in detail. Many charlatans in business. JMO.

Comment

I just read that Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, got into Harvard after his father pledged $2.5 million to the university.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    I just read that Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, got into Harvard after his father pledged $2.5 million to the university.
                    that has been going on for years, donate money and get a building named after you. thing is it is done in the open.

Comment

These are the types of things that have gotten some if these phsycho politicians where they are.

Comment

Any repercussions from their peers will not be for doing, but for getting caught.

Comment

I was surprised to learn that the parents are facing long prison terms, although I doubt anyone will actually serve any real time behind bars.
                          Probably just a large fine with probation and community service.

Comment

I think the whole world of university education is messed up, in many different ways.

I went to a fairly elitist little school, but even then I thought it was ridiculous that any particular school could mean so much to someone. There just ain't that much difference in the quality of the education, from one to the other. Maybe in some cases -- like you want to be an English major and a bestselling novelist or famous poet is on the faculty in one school while others just have the usual professors -- but by and large, it's just the name.

Comment

Matt - That is right.
                              William F. Buckley once said he had the best of both worlds when he was awarded an honorary degree from Harvard: a Yale education and Harvard degree.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
                                Today, 10:41 AM
                              • Reply to Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
                                Today, 06:43 PM
                              • Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by buckhunter
                                Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
                                Yesterday, 10:16 PM
                              • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by Solitario Lupo
                                So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
                                Today, 06:20 PM
                              • Peripheral Vision
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
                                Today, 07:39 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X