Same B.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same B.S.

Several notifications today I checked did not take me anywhere near where the notification said they would. This is B.S. Why have meaningless notifications ??

Jimbo i'm not sure what is going on there. What do you mean by not anywhere close?

Comment

I’ve had it happen one time so far. I clicked it and it went to the thread then just sent me to the top of the page. I’m guessing that’s what it’s doing to you.

Comment

If it goes to the top of the page, it may be necessary to scroll down to the notification in question. Or it may be on the next page, so be certain you are at the end of the other posts in that notification.
        Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 02-24-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Also Jimbo, many of these threads have expanded to other thoughts and are no longer connected to the original post. So it might take you to the correct page but the recent comments might not indicate it, make sure you check some other previous comments to be certain. Other than that, I don’t know what the problem is. I can not imagine this happens to only one person !

Comment

The notification contains the Member and Topic. The Notification takes me to the Topic but the Members reply is not there. Where is the Members reply ? Why mention his name if the Notification is not going to take me to his reply ?

Comment

If that Jimbo, is what is happening, that is certainly an odd situation, one I have never encountered. Send a PM to the FS Admin. giving that info and see if they can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                Several notifications today I checked did not take me anywhere near where the notification said they would. This is B.S. Why have meaningless notifications ??
                I am certainly happy to help. If you can send me the notification you got I can try to follow the path and see what is going on. There are a lot of notification settings that can be tweaked in your profile as well, so to avoid getting frustrated take a look and or reach out to me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FSAdmin View Post

I am certainly happy to help. If you can send me the notification you got I can try to follow the path and see what is going on. There are a lot of notification settings that can be tweaked in your profile as well, so to avoid getting frustrated take a look and or reach out to me. Thanks!
                  I did not document the Notifications mentioned. I have had a couple since that worked fine so possibly this was a rare quirk. If it happens again I will document it.

Comment

Originally posted by FSAdmin View Post

Did not take long to find one...
                    99Exp Notification to What is a Coup ??. The Notification took me to page 2, but I found 99's reply on page one.

Comment

Not to pile on or anything, but what's this thing with the ad right below this reply box, jiggling up and down while I type a response? Obviously, it's to keep your attention off your participation in the conversation, and on the ad itself. Actually, right now it's just the ad box jumping up and down; earlier, the actual line I was typing was jumping and down. Overall, the ads are much less intrusive on this new site, but THAT is flat-out ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                        Not to pile on or anything, but what's this thing with the ad right below this reply box, jiggling up and down while I type a response? Obviously, it's to keep your attention off your participation in the conversation, and on the ad itself. Actually, right now it's just the ad box jumping up and down; earlier, the actual line I was typing was jumping and down. Overall, the ads are much less intrusive on this new site, but THAT is flat-out ridiculous.
                        I had the same thing happening - distraction.

Comment

I had the same thing happening - distraction.
                          Yeah, I've always understood the need for ads, and sometimes they got pretty heavy, but this new thing is more obnoxious even than having the video ads pop up. I realize we have it pretty good, this being free and all, but have a little respect for your users.

Comment

Did not take long to find one...
                            99Exp Notification to What is a Coup ??. The Notification took me to page 2, but I found 99's reply on page one.
                            I am going to need some more information to help you with this. I asked that you send me a private message so I can try to focus on the specific issue and if I needed to ask you account specific questions, you won't have to post anything that could be a concern with being public.

There are many reasons that the reply could have been on a specific page at the time of the notification, but it isn't by the time you click on it. This could be posts being marked as spam, or users deleting posts before you get there that will update the post cost and change the pages.

Please send me a copy/paste of the notification to my private message and I can investigate for you. The more information, the more I can do to help.

Unfortunately I am not experiencing what you are so I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. If it is the ad unit that is located below the page wrapper (directly below the "Cancel", "Preview", and "Post Reply" buttons) here is an animated .gif of what I see:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	ad_not_moving.gif Views:	0 Size:	566.8 KB ID:	704780

I am more than happy to troubleshoot this, but once again I need some information like browser, browser version, OS, and any screenshots that you could share. This is likely another good example of something to private message me over so any personal information we may need to work together on, won't be public.

It would also help to not automatically assume that there is no respect for the users, or that something that could very well be a bug (which in this case it very much is so; although, not something I can currently replicate) is an intentional attack against you.

Nothing in that area has changed since site launch, so I also don't know if by "this new thing is more obnoxious even than having the video ads pop up" means new as in the last few days, or when the answers.fieldandstream.com forum relaunched.

If you could also state the steps you take to experience the issue, that would be a big help as well. For instance, do you hit reply, then automatically see the ad issue? Do you have to select "Advanced Options" and then it starts happening? Thanks.
                            Last edited by FSAdmin; 02-27-2019, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
                              by jhjimbo
                              You are smoking some bad weed.
                              Today, 03:42 AM
                            • How Do I Know ???
                              by jhjimbo
                              How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                              Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                              by 99explorer
                              To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
                              In fact, he is the
                              Yesterday, 11:55 PM
                              by 99explorer
                              I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
                              Yesterday, 11:32 PM
                              by jhjimbo
                              Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
                              Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X