Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maryland is going for your hunting guns

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I see that the NRA has downgraded Hogan's ranking from a "A" to a "C," after he signed a "red flag" bill into law.

    Comment


    • #17
      They can fight all they want about what they all would like but at the end of the day I will not turn them over and they will have to come get them if they want them.

      Comment


      • #18
        Even though this type of thing is probably as far out for gun policy as the Green New Deal is for social and economic policy, it does demonstrate that for all the talk about "concessions" giving an inch only gets you one inch closer to this.

        BTW, while I'm no Hogan fan being anti-Trump isn't proof of not being a Republican. Trump probably has a longer record of not being a Republican than any other R.
        Last edited by Harmonious Fulmination; 02-21-2019, 07:13 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
          Even though this type of things is probably as far out as the Green New Deal, it does demonstrate that for all the talk about "concessions" giving an inch only gets you one inch closer to this.

          BTW, while I'm no Hogan fan being anti-Trump isn't proof of not being a Republican. Trump probably has a longer record of not being a Republican than any other R.
          As far as anti Trump , I agree that it doesn’t make you less of a Republican . The rest of his record in office has!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

            As far as anti Trump , I agree that it doesn’t make you less of a Republican . The rest of his record in office has!
            We all have preconceived notions and ideas how something should be.
            When our expectations aren't met, we must either adapt, accept or, in the case of (D)'s, throw hissy fits like a 2 year old until they get their way (Honk?).

            Comment


            • #21
              Humongous Flatulence writes-"BTW, while I'm no Hogan fan being anti-Trump isn't proof of not being a Republican. Trump probably has a longer record of not being a Republican than any other R."

              Could have fooled me. Your trollish posts put the lie to your infantile assertions that you are either a Republican or a conservative. So, I reckon it just boils down to the fact you're just a troll and an agitator.

              Comment


              • #22
                Glad to see THAT gone!
                Thanks, admin, for removing it.
                Last edited by FirstBubba; 02-21-2019, 04:21 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Actually I removed it. I decided there is no point in answering crm's level of bitterness and stupity, especially not by stooping to his level.
                  If he doesn't realize Trump was a democrat until 2009, that's his problem.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                    Here's a few more bills introduced in the NY Assembly and Senate.

                    A1077- Would prohibit public schools from offering shooting programs. Currently about 1100 students in 59 school systems participate, number has been growing.

                    A1413- Would prohibit firearms as being raffled off as prizes.

                    A1724- Would limit the sale of ammo to two times the capacity of an authorized weapon over a 120 day period.

                    S9191- Would allow for a review of social media and search engines prior to an individual being re-certified to carry a pistol.

                    S1412- Require any gun owner to purchase a hunting licence, take a 5 hour safety course, pass a range test, provide notarized proof of a passed drug test and mental health evaluation, proof of purchase of firearm and ammo safe storage, pass a criminal background check.

                    Full disclosure: I got this info out of the NY Outdoor News.

                    It appears none of these have companion bills, so they shouldn't go anywhere. Still gives you an idea of what we're dealing with.
                    Fitch, do you know if the "college study on guns" part was included, or did that get thrown out? For those who hadn't heard about that: NY's esteemed governor Cuomo wants to have an ongoing study by the State University of New York about the effect of guns on our culture. Isn't that clever? Considering that about ninety percent of college faculty and administrators, and a very large number of the students, come from urban areas where there's much less familiarity and interest in guns and hunting, how do you suppose that will be swayed? You can bet they won't feel terribly compelled to give a fair representation of legal gunowners and hunters.

                    And then, of course, the study's "findings" can be used as a basis for further legislation down the road.
                    Last edited by MattM37; 02-22-2019, 10:08 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

                      Fitch, do you know if the "college study on guns" part was included, or did that get thrown out? For those who hadn't heard about that: NY's esteemed governor Cuomo wants to have an ongoing study by the State University of New York about the effect of guns on our culture. Isn't that clever? Considering that about ninety percent of college faculty and administrators, and a very large number of the students, come from urban areas where there's much less familiarity and interest in guns and hunting, how do you suppose that will be swayed? You can bet they won't feel terribly compelled to give a fair representation of legal gunowners and hunters.

                      And then, of course, the study's "findings" can be used as a basis for further legislation down the road.
                      That’s news to me but I’m not surprised. Nevermind liberal bias in the college system, who would dare come up with findings that the Governor wouldn’t want. It’s pretty common knowledge that nobody who works for the state dares cross the guy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

                        That’s news to me but I’m not surprised. Nevermind liberal bias in the college system, who would dare come up with findings that the Governor wouldn’t want. It’s pretty common knowledge that nobody who works for the state dares cross the guy.
                        fitch270, it is my sincerest hopes and prayers that NY will wake up and get rid of Gov "Frodo" Cuomo.
                        That fruitcake is destroying NY.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

                          fitch270, it is my sincerest hopes and prayers that NY will wake up and get rid of Gov "Frodo" Cuomo.
                          That fruitcake is destroying NY.
                          It’s probably just a matter of time before he makes a Presidential run.
                          I don’t even want to imagine.

                          Comment

                          Welcome!

                          Collapse

                          Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                          If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                          And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                          Right Rail 1

                          Collapse

                          Top Active Users

                          Collapse

                          There are no top active users.

                          Right Rail 2

                          Collapse

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Right Rail 3

                          Collapse

                          Footer Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X