Maryland is going for your hunting guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland is going for your hunting guns

Maybe ole Bubba isn’t so dumb after all. MD State Senator Susan Lee (D) is proposing a bill before State judiciary proceedings committee to have Long gun qualification license (LGQL ) before one can buy a rifle or shotgun in the state of MD. Much the same as the HQL ,handgun qualification lic a person must complete 4 hrs of training , be finger printed and have a seven day waiting period. Yes Maryland is coming for our hunting guns. Bubba I guess your not chicken little after all !

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
    Maybe ole Bubba isn’t so dumb after all. MD State Senator Susan Lee (D) is proposing a bill before State judiciary proceedings committee to have Long gun qualification license (LGQL ) before one can buy a rifle or shotgun in the state of MD. Much the same as the HQL ,handgun qualification lic a person must complete 4 hrs of training , be finger printed and have a seven day waiting period. Yes Maryland is coming for our hunting guns. Bubba I guess your not chicken little after all !
    As bad as this sounds pmacc60, I fear the worst is yet to come.

Comment

In New York, one of our favorite elected officials is proposing $1 million liability insurance mandatory for all gun owners and a bunch of other stuff clearly intended not to deter criminals, but keep regular citizens from wanting to own a gun. On the plus side, even the lefty media types are admitting that this guy is well-known for some "way out there" proposals, and nothing is likely to get very far in the legislature.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

As bad as this sounds pmacc60, I fear the worst is yet to come.
        I can’t say that your wrong , this is as unconstitutional as it gets. It’s so far from the American way of life that I can’t believe what I was reading today. I am physically ill. You have be preaching and here it is , the grabbing of America’s guns from law abiding citizens .

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          In New York, one of our favorite elected officials is proposing $1 million liability insurance mandatory for all gun owners and a bunch of other stuff clearly intended not to deter criminals, but keep regular citizens from wanting to own a gun. On the plus side, even the lefty media types are admitting that this guy is well-known for some "way out there" proposals, and nothing is likely to get very far in the legislature.
          Matt I hope the people of Maryland see through this proposal but I fear that the idiots run the show here. Remember a couple years back Baltimore was shut down due to riots and the mayor claimed the people were just expressing thier rights! I’m embarrassed to live in this state.

Comment

Matt I hope the people of Maryland see through this proposal but I fear that the idiots run the show here. Remember a couple years back Baltimore was shut down due to riots and the mayor claimed the people were just expressing thier rights! I’m embarrassed to live in this state.
            I know the feeling.

Comment

According to my sources, the current governor of Maryland is Republican Larry Hogan.
              Why is his name not mentioned in this "chicken little" story?

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                According to my sources, the current governor of Maryland is Republican Larry Hogan.
                Why is his name not mentioned in this "chicken little" story?
                Governor Hogan hasn’t helped at all, it’s a liberal controlled Senate that he doesn't have the backbone to stand up to!

Comment

He has to sign this horrible bill before it becomes law.
                  What is his take on this?

Comment

Governor Hogan hasn’t helped at all, it’s a liberal controlled Senate that he doesn't have the backbone to stand up to!
                    I saw Gov. Hogan on the news this morning. Real pasty faced, dumpling of a guy.
                    He may claim to be (R), but he's anti-Trump to the core.
                    He's even considering a presidential run himself.
                    Please allow him to give up his seat and lose the nomination!

Comment

Here's a few more bills introduced in the NY Assembly and Senate.

A1077- Would prohibit public schools from offering shooting programs. Currently about 1100 students in 59 school systems participate, number has been growing.

A1413- Would prohibit firearms as being raffled off as prizes.

A1724- Would limit the sale of ammo to two times the capacity of an authorized weapon over a 120 day period.

S9191- Would allow for a review of social media and search engines prior to an individual being re-certified to carry a pistol.

S1412- Require any gun owner to purchase a hunting licence, take a 5 hour safety course, pass a range test, provide notarized proof of a passed drug test and mental health evaluation, proof of purchase of firearm and ammo safe storage, pass a criminal background check.

Full disclosure: I got this info out of the NY Outdoor News.

It appears none of these have companion bills, so they shouldn't go anywhere. Still gives you an idea of what we're dealing with.
                      Last edited by fitch270; 02-20-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I saw Gov. Hogan on the news this morning. Real pasty faced, dumpling of a guy.
                        He may claim to be (R), but he's anti-Trump to the core.
                        He's even considering a presidential run himself.
                        Please allow him to give up his seat and lose the nomination!
                        He can consider it but he already has a record of being a dem in republican clothing. Maybe we can get Pennsylvania to annex all the land above rt 40 and we can become Pennsylvanians !

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

A1077- Would prohibit public schools from offering shooting programs. Currently about 1100 students in 59 school systems participate, number has been growing.

A1724- Would limit the sale of ammo to two times the capacity of an authorized weapon over a 120 day period.

S9191- Would allow for a review of social media and search engines prior to an individual being re-certified to carry a pistol.

S1412- Require any gun owner to purchase a hunting licence, take a 5 hour safety course, pass a range test, provide notarized proof of a passed drug test and mental health evaluation, proof of purchase of firearm and ammo safe storage, pass a criminal background check.

It appears none of these have companion bills, so they shouldn't go anywhere. Still gives you an idea of what we're dealing with.
                          Fitch it makes me fear for our youth! I know you fear as well, a real disgrace!

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            He has to sign this horrible bill before it becomes law.
                            What is his take on this?
                            al

He is a head line grabber who signed in some strong gun bills already. He is a anti Trump guy and from all appearances a anti gun guy.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

That's another liberal tactic, sling enough mud at the wall, some of it will eventually "stick".

This is another "inch" the gun grabbers will take with nothing in return except more misery.

The gun grabbers are like a visiting 2 year old. No matter how fast you are, by the time you take something from them, they've grabbed two more items!

Fighting gun grabbers is like wiping your butt on a wagon wheel!
                              There just ain't no end to it!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad