No announcement yet.

Here comes the wall!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99- With all due respect to Skeeter, he was one of my favorites, as is Bart, his time on the border was a long time ago. About 40 years ago, if I am not off in my memory. A lot can change in four decades. Also, I seem to remember an article or story he wrote about the Turkey Track Ranch having a spot of trouble with illegals crossing through their property. I am going to try and find a video that a border resident made showing illegals crossing with square bales of marijuana on their backs, and I don't mean two or three. About 20 or so. And some on here would assert that drugs coming over the border by foot traffic is not a problem.

Comment

What cover Richard? Some Arabians who don't speak Spanish are going down to Central American to travel great distance in a group they don't fit in with so they can get apprehended as part of an large obvious group? It just doesn't make sense and there is absolutely no proof of it.

CRM, if you want to make the argument that illegals are an undue crime risk you can do so without conflating ideological terrorism with domestic crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
        What cover Richard? Some Arabians who don't speak Spanish are going down to Central American to travel great distance in a group they don't fit in with so they can get apprehended as part of an large obvious group? It just doesn't make sense and there is absolutely no proof of it.

CRM, if you want to make the argument that illegals are an undue crime risk you can do so without conflating ideological terrorism with domestic crime.
        Then I guess HF, we must assume there are no illegals in this country either, as you say there is no proof of it. If we can not prove that a terrorist or two might be able to gain access to this country by mixing in with the confusion of a horde of people, we must figure it is not possible also for others ! Your attempt at sounding reasonable is hard to figure out.

Comment

Are there or have there been "terrorists" (Middle Eastern) in the caravans?
          Of course!
          Why haven't we seen a terrorist attack?
          Because, at this point, we (the U.S.) has been able to weed those people out BEFORE they ever reach the U.S..
          At this point, the cartels have enough problems getting their goods into the U.S.. To aid and abet terrorists getting into the U.S. would only bring American authorities down harder on the cartels and could cause the American military to get involved. That's something the cartels REALLY don't want!
          It is prudent that the cartels steer clear of helping Middle Eastern terrorists.

Comment

You guys are really just blathering. Your paranoia over some terrorists that could theoretically exist is not worth spending billions on a wall, upending thousands of property owners lives and extending the power of the executive.

Comment

Humongous Flatulence wrote -"You guys are really just blathering. Your paranoia over some terrorists that could theoretically exist is not worth spending billions on a wall, upending thousands of property owners lives and extending the power of the executive."

Yes, actually, dumb bunny, it is worth it, and it will happen. People, i.e. ranchers, landowners, lease holders along the border have been begging for a wall, barrier, what ever you want to call it for years. The only objectors I can foresee are the environmental wackos who may file suit to block progress through federally owned, or state, or national park land.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                Not to belittle the situation, but the late Skeeter Skelton, who worked on the Border Patrol for many years, once wrote that although he did apprehend one wetback with narcotics and a gun, the illegal aliens for the most part were peaceful people, just looking for some food and a job.
                Yep and they work for almost nothing and drive up unemployment, drive down wages,and abuse the welfare system.

Comment

"... Not to belittle the situation, but the late Skeeter Skelton, who worked on the Border Patrol for many years, once wrote that although he did apprehend one wetback with narcotics and a gun, the illegal aliens for the most part were peaceful people, just looking for some food and a job. ..."

Yeah...

...and when I started high school, I bought a car for $65 (1953 DeSoto) and worked all week ($1.25/hr) to put 10 gallons of .259/gal gasoline in it for the weekend!

Truck drivers were the only "druggies", using yellow jackets and bennies to make long haul trips.

Illegal aliens were known as "wet backs" because they actually HAD to swim across the Rio Grande to get here illegally.

A BP agent was paid $75/month and had to furnish and shoe his own horse.

A Coke was a dime and a "box" of Marlboros from the Phillips 66 station was 35 cents.
                  A can of Skoal was 20 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    "... Not to belittle the situation, but the late Skeeter Skelton, who worked on the Border Patrol for many years, once wrote that although he did apprehend one wetback with narcotics and a gun, the illegal aliens for the most part were peaceful people, just looking for some food and a job. ..."

Yeah...

...and when I started high school, I bought a car for $65 (1953 DeSoto) and worked all week ($1.25/hr) to put 10 gallons of .259/gal gasoline in it for the weekend!

Truck drivers were the only "druggies", using yellow jackets and bennies to make long haul trips.

Illegal aliens were known as "wet backs" because they actually HAD to swim across the Rio Grande to get here illegally.

A BP agent was paid $75/month and had to furnish and shoe his own horse.

A Coke was a dime and a "box" of Marlboros from the Phillips 66 station was 35 cents.
                    A can of Skoal was 20 cents.
                    Yea and if illegals where still swimming, democrats weren't in existance and people still wanted to work We could still by a can of skoal for twenty cents. Not that those are our only problems.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonT View Post

Yea and if illegals where still swimming, democrats weren't in existance and people still wanted to work We could still by a can of skoal for twenty cents. Not that those are our only problems.
                      My dad was a union man, my grampa was still alive (WWI vet), LBJ was in the White House and my history teacher told us the Viet Nam war would still be going on when we graduated (1969) and we though he was crazy.
                      Charles Whitman was thinking about the UT clock tower and Mary Jo Kopechne had not met Ted Kennedy.
                      Fecal matter occurs! LOL!
                      Last edited by FirstBubba; 02-18-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

In the year 1910, there were only 8,000 cars on the road.
                        Life expectancy for a man was 47 years, and there were 230 murders in the entire country.
                        The population of Las Vegas, Nevada was 30 people.
                        Here is a 1910 Ford Model R.

Comment

Some Americans were recently seen sneaking into Canada.
                          The Canadian Prime Minister has ordered that a great wall be built along the border.
                          Work is already in progress.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rip -rbg
                            by 99explorer
                            I just learned of a CIA report that Vladimir Putin himself is directing the Russian interference in our 2020 Presidential election, which was crowded...
                            Today, 09:09 PM
                          • Rip -rbg
                            by fitch270
                            2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                            09-18-2020, 09:26 PM
                          • Reply to Bows
                            by PigHunter
                            I hear ya! I finally got around to adjusting the new sight on my 90's vintage PSE. It's been restrung too. I've used a crossbow for the last 7 seasons...
                            Today, 08:45 PM
                          • Bows
                            by Danbo
                            Started practicing with my bow.
                            The deer don't stand a chance 😎
                            Today, 08:23 PM
                          • Reply to Rip -rbg
                            by Pmacc60
                            The public can focus on two different things at once ! Again liberal nonsense , put it out there and we can see what the president is planning for the...
                            Today, 08:43 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X