Here comes the wall!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    One of the talking heads (Chris Cuomo?) just said that we can rest assured that Trump will do whatever is best for him.
    Interesting take.
    That might be because he is in a better position to do so. Any other politician would of course do the same thing if able. Do we think there is any other reason politicians are what they are ?

Comment

Jack Kennedy once wrote a book, "Profiles in Courage," about U.S. senators who lost their jobs because they voted their conscience.
      They are not all crooks ( just most of them.)

Comment

Sounds like some here are ill informed.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kevi...-wall-n2541620

Comment

Funny, I just read a blatantly false report by town hall a few hours ago. That was in relation to the illegals buying guns thing and they were interpreting FBI data the same way the OP on that thread was. This looks about the same quality to their usual reporting and is irrelevant to how Trump has supposedly played the political battleground to his advantage.
          Last edited by Harmonious Fulmination; 02-17-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Please HF, explain to us unknowing idiots, what is false in the report that Bubba led us to ! It would be interesting to read your points to repudiate that information. And if you are not a Dem., why would you want or need to ! And Trump is a Republican president, should he play it to the advantage of the D’s ?
            Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 02-17-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Americans demand a wall, terrorists are flowing in (nobody has been killed or injured by an illegal terrorist in the 40 years we data) it's vital to national security, Dems are intentionally destroying America, etc. They're just claims that are at best assertions and at worse lies that don't real show Trump has done much of a job playing the political fieldscape to his advantage.

My point was the article is irrelevant to the question of who's winning this political battle. The false report I mentioned was a different article I read earlier today by coincidence.

I would repudiate information that is false simply because it is false. If my beliefs aren't based on anything but facts, then why would I believe them?
              Last edited by Harmonious Fulmination; 02-17-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

"(nobody has been killed or injured by an illegal terrorist in the 40 years we data)"

I reckon the three thousand+ New Yorkers killed in the 9/11 attack don't count, as Humongous Flatulence states that it didn't happen. Glad to know we are so safe, because a troll says it is so!

Comment

The 9/11 attackers were legal Saudi Arabians. There have been no casualties from a terrorist attack perpetrated by an illegal immigrant.

Despite the precedent, Trump apparently feels we're safe from the Saudis too in that he did not include them in his travel ban. I don't like the Saudis all that much, so please direct any lack of U.S. policy failing to appropriately recognize the 9/11 attackers' country of origin to the Trump Administration.

Comment

HF, your claim is that no casualties have been the result of a terrorist attack perpetrated by a illegal alien. So what the heck does that have relevance to?
                    There certainly have been killings done by illegal immigrants and if they are not classified as terrorists, it doesn't make those killed any less dead ! I am sure the families of those killed will be very happy to learn they were not killed by a terrorist immigrant ! Damn HF, what is it with you?

Comment

Overall illegal immigrant crime has already been addressed. The article you were standing by brought up the risk of terrorism as a consequence of illegal migration and Trump repeatedly talks of terrorists in caravans. If you feel there should be no distinction between any type of crime migrants pose, well I'm not the one who made the distinction to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
                        The 9/11 attackers were legal Saudi Arabians. There have been no casualties from a terrorist attack perpetrated by an illegal immigrant.

Despite the precedent, Trump apparently feels we're safe from the Saudis too in that he did not include them in his travel ban. I don't like the Saudis all that much, so please direct any lack of U.S. policy failing to appropriately recognize the 9/11 attackers' country of origin to the Trump Administration.
                        Ms 13 ring a bell?
                        oh and yea once again how about the saudi's donating 1.5 million to the clinton foundation.

Comment

Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan has just announced that he has authority to refuse Trump's request for the diversion of DOD construction funds to the construction of the Mexican wall, and his people are now studying their options.
                          He say these are "five year funds," and military housing seems to have a high priority.
                          I think we may have a new Defense Secretary shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
                            Overall illegal immigrant crime has already been addressed. The article you were standing by brought up the risk of terrorism as a consequence of illegal migration and Trump repeatedly talks of terrorists in caravans. If you feel there should be no distinction between any type of crime migrants pose, well I'm not the one who made the distinction to begin with.
                            Hf, if you honestly think that terrorists would not attempt to take advantage of the cover provided by a caravan to enter this country, you are a lost cause ! And to further your belief by saying terrorists entering in such a manner is of no relevance, is unbelievable, to say the least.

Comment

Humongous Flatulence states: "The 9/11 attackers were legal Saudi Arabians."

The four pilots had been in the United States for extended periods, although none was a legal permanent resident. Some had received more than one temporary visa, most of which were currently valid on September 11, but at least three of them had fallen out of status and were, therefore, in the United States illegally.
                              Source:
                              www.fairus.org/issue/national-security/identity-and-immigration-status-911-terrorists

Not that a wall would have made any difference in these particular circumstances, but don't just
                              blatantlystate that no terrorists attacks have been perpetuated by illegal immigrants. What are the murders, rapes, and gang activity that illegals are responsible for, and charged with, if not acts of terrorism? How many have to die to be considered a terrorist act? We still do not know what is coming over our southern border, and the Border Patrol states that a significant percentage of them are not of Mexican or South American origin.

Comment

Not to belittle the situation, but the late Skeeter Skelton, who worked on the Border Patrol for many years, once wrote that although he did apprehend one wetback with narcotics and a gun, the illegal aliens for the most part were peaceful people, just looking for some food and a job.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad