No announcement yet.

Here comes the wall!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"... This emergency is a last ditch effort by a man who failed to get the public on his side. - MtM ..."

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

You, and Honk, refuse to "see" is that the Trump following won't be blind folded by liberal posturing.
    Trumps followers finally have in office, a "non" politician who is doing exactly what he said he would do.
    You think Trump is alienating Americans.
    Quite to the contrary.

Comment

No, he is. Everything you just said is irrelevant to the argument at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
        No, he is. Everything you just said is irrelevant to the argument at hand.
        Wrong, MtM, my post "#31" above is a statement, not an argument.

Comment

So you're just making assertions then? Sounds about right.

Comment

#1 Bubba- Might as well be reading scripture to a bodark post!

Comment

You see, you guys say what your opinions are, and then expect that to be enough to convince anyone. So since whatever your opinions happen to be is scripture I guess that mistake is mine; I didn't realize the both of you arw honest and truly Lord God Almighty Himself.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                #1 Bubba- Might as well be reading scripture to a bodark post!
                When we built fence that required corners or "H" braces, my grampa would go and select the appropriate bois d'arc trees in advance.
                He never cut them over a week or two in advance.The only way to drive a staple (steeple?) in a bois d'arc post is if it's green! LOL!

Comment

I just recognized a serious threat the wall faces from the national emergency approach. If Trump truly is doing it this way because it's faster, which is to say there is a legislative option (and there isn't but Repubs will believe or overlook any lie tells), then should Trump lose the 2020 election the wall project will simply be dropped. The wall will be blocked for at least a good while in court. Should it clear its legal hurdles it is unclear how much time will be left of Trump's term to work on the wall. Now, I've got gut felling Trump will win 2020. Even then, initiating construction and the numerous eminent domain lawsuits against it will eat valuable time. We need to remember this is a government infrastructure project, so it will be inefficient, slow and over budget; Trump's initial funding won't get stretched very far, either. Also, that is just the challenges the wall faces on federal land, which only consists of a third of the border. Suing various states, Indian Tribes and landowners will take an extremely long time. When we got the 2006 Fence Act the same thing happened, and a huge amount of cases are still pending from the BUSH ADMINISTRATION. Assuming a typical R to D cycle the next President will simply shut down the wall project, and may even intentionally neglet maintenance and repairs to what wall exists.
                  Even with a 2020 win, thanks to court hold ups, the incompetence of government projects, running out of funds and land challenges I think the best we can expect is the Great Occasional Sparce Hole Filled Slats of the Southern Border.
                  Could Trump get this done through legislation then it wouldn't matter who is President, the wall would get done when it gets done.

Point being, the national emergency aproach is bad for the Constitution, executive restraint, separation of powers, and besides all that the Wall.

Just a thought.

Comment

Horse monyocky.

Comment

It is difficult to find how much wall has been built new or re-built. There are 1957 total miles but some will be a natural barrier. According to BBC there is about 650 miles in place. There needs 864 new wall with 1163 being replaced/upgraded. U.S. fake news are not reliable for wall statistics. The money he is getting together now will build about 100 miles of new wall.

Comment

Sure there are going to be some roadblocks, but you've got to start somewhere.
                        There is a surprising amount of foot traffic that comes through the Big Bend area. That is some bad a$$ country! Crossing in rural New Mexico and Arizona is a cake walk compared to the Big Bend.
                        More human smuggling than drug traffic.

Comment

I would think the U.S. owns the easement where the boundary exists with a small amount of land on each side. I don't understand how some people own land on the U.S. side and the Mexico side at the same time ??

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                            I would think the U.S. owns the easement where the boundary exists with a small amount of land on each side. I don't understand how some people own land on the U.S. side and the Mexico side at the same time ??
                            Because the Rio Grande, in places, is a shallow, wandering, sandy bottom stream that changes course like some folks change underwear!
                            The geographical boundary of a property doesn't change, but the physical boundary does.
                            The river course will move as heavy rains redirect flows.

Comment

Admittedly things have to start somewhere but if there is actually an option here that doesn't violate the Constitution as Trump claims then he is choosing a starting point that will serve as a severe detriment to the wall down the road. Short term gain long term loss. Either Trump is lying or he has yet to to figure out checkers let alone chess. I'd believe either.

Comment

One of the talking heads (Chris Cuomo?) just said that we can rest assured that Trump will do whatever is best for him.
                                Interesting take.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to What's after Trump?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  I like Pence, danbo. But Pence IS a career politician.
                                  Career (R) pols have a tendency to revert to "Mr. Nice Guy" when the (D)'s start...
                                  Today, 08:04 AM
                                • What's after Trump?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                  There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                  Yesterday, 01:46 PM
                                • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Ya spoke too soon franchi20!
                                  I had to add 3 to the list this morning! 😖...
                                  Today, 07:53 AM
                                • The Spam here is insane...
                                  by Ernie
                                  With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
                                  I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
                                  10-16-2020, 12:51 PM
                                • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  The way I see it, it all depends on what/who you believe (?) as to who won/lost.

I choose to believe the video of Joe Biden bragging about...
                                  Today, 07:47 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X