Here comes the wall!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    BTW - I think Trump would be making a big mistake if he expects that his newly appointed members of SCOTUS will vote his way out of loyalty to him personally.
    I would be sorely disappointed if they did!
    Their oath of loyalty is to the Constitution first.
    They actually owe NO loyalty to Trump other than as a citizen of the U.S..

Comment

I owe loyalty to the law. Only military owe loyalty go Trump personally. Ever hear of the rule of law?

Comment

#1 Bubba- President Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he is about 3-5 moves ahead of the demoncrats so far, I think it likely that the 9th Circus, appellate court and SCOTUS has already been thoroughly researched and that is very likely the way it will play out.
        Meanwhile, back at the wall, Trump's troops have money to upgrade, repair, and build new, in sections where any barrier was non-existent prior to the declaration of national emergency. Like I stated previously, not as fast as we would like, but the WALL, she is a comin'!
        Great day for our country, and an all around win for President Trump!

Comment

I wonder if our president will now have the power to cut congressional salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            #1 Bubba- President Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he is about 3-5 moves ahead of the demoncrats so far, I think it likely that the 9th Circus, appellate court and SCOTUS has already been thoroughly researched and that is very likely the way it will play out.
            Meanwhile, back at the wall, Trump's troops have money to upgrade, repair, and build new, in sections where any barrier was non-existent prior to the declaration of national emergency. Like I stated previously, not as fast as we would like, but the WALL, she is a comin'!
            Great day for our country, and an all around win for President Trump!
            Trump is working on the personnel at the 6th and has already found two women to replace.
            A President has the absolute authority to do whatever is necessary to protect the U.S. and it's Citizens without consulting Congress.
            A list of Congress obstructions will bode well for President Trumps defense in Court - look what obama did when the Republicans obstructed him - he went around them.

Comment

Heaven help, jimbo! PLEASE don't say Trump is acting like Obama!
              That would be disheartening! LOL!

Obama was a "bad actor" and an American horror story.

Comment

"I didn't need to do this."
                Donald Trump

Proof it isn't an emergency.

Jhimbo, you're making stuff up. The president is constrained to enforcing laws; he doesn't have some Constitutional charge to violate his own power to do what he thinks will help national security.

Comment

There is a list of exceptions to presidential powers under a national emergency, starting with exempting national defense contracts from competitive bidding.
                  Otherwise, Trump could award the wall construction contract to Kushner Construction Company.

Comment

"... "I didn't need to do this."
                    Donald Trump

Proof it isn't an emergency. ..."
                    MtM

i.e. I should have, as POTUS, been able to work a compromise with the House.

Lets go back and realize Trump offered the House everything they wanted for both of their "pet" projects, DACA and DREAM Act, but because he asked for money for wall construction, the (D)'s said, "NO!".
                    Trump even offered all those concessions and only half as much money for wall construction.
                    Still a resounding, "NO!".
                    Remember Pelosi saying she would give Trump $1 (one dollar) for "his" wall?
                    In the end, the (D)'s got no DACA concessions, no DREAM Act concessions and gave up $1.37B for wall construction.

The (D)'s, rather that do their job, decided to play politics to make Trump look bad.
                    Instead of making Trump look bad, literally, shot themselves in the foot.
                    Big time!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                      "... "I didn't need to do this."
                      Donald Trump

Proof it isn't an emergency. ..."
                      MtM

i.e. I should have, as POTUS, been able to work a compromise with the House.

Lets go back and realize Trump offered the House everything they wanted for both of their "pet" projects, DACA and DREAM Act, but because he asked for money for wall construction, the (D)'s said, "NO!".
                      Trump even offered all those concessions and only half as much money for wall construction.
                      Still a resounding, "NO!".
                      Remember Pelosi saying she would give Trump $1 (one dollar) for "his" wall?
                      In the end, the (D)'s got no DACA concessions, no DREAM Act concessions and gave up $1.37B for wall construction.

The (D)'s, rather that do their job, decided to play politics to make Trump look bad.
                      Instead of making Trump look bad, literally, shot themselves in the foot.
                      Big time!
                      "I didn't need to do this. But I’d rather do it much faster. I just want to do it faster.”

Trump is saying he just wants to do it this way since it is more convienent. The POTUS doesn't have a "should have been able to" in this game. Congress makes the laws, the President has a duty to enforce them. If he wants a law that is irrelevant to the legislative process, and if Congress doesn't make one well, tough.
                      Also, Trump didn't offer to preserve DACA he offered to absolutely gut it. You can read how here: https://www.cato.org/blog/senate-gop...aca-it-guts-it

Dems don't have much of an incentive to accept a destoyed DACA in exchange for a wall since the courts have already halted Trump's plan to scrap DACA and the Supreme Court rejected to hear the administration's appeal. The Dems didn't shoot themselves in the foot; basically they won at every level and now Trump is throwing a temper tantrum by putting America at risk of future abuse of power.
                      Last edited by Harmonious Fulmination; 02-16-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

What does "MtM" mean?

Comment

Motormouth the Megatroll. Very apt. Almost as apt as Humongous Flatulence.

Comment

Judging by your bad mood I see you're still reeling from that FoxNews poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
                              Judging by your bad mood I see you're still reeling from that FoxNews poll.
                              Makes no difference MtM.
                              Since you haven't figured it out, Trump check mated you on all three levels in five moves and we're getting a wall.

The (D)'s were offered a 7 course meal and turned it down for a dry baloney sandwich and coughed up $1.37B in wall funding.

Brilliant! Absolutely BRILLIANT!

Comment

Nonesense. Trump said "give me what I want or I'll declare an emergency." Harldy a sly checkmate.The Dems could have given him a wall and and shot themselves in the foot by gutting DACA, or they could have kept to DACA and let Trump pursue a path for the wall that might fall down in court. I agree it isn't brilliant, but that's just because it's the only and obvious strategy.

This emergency is a last ditch effort by a man who failed to get the public on his side.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad