Donald Trump's tax returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump's tax returns

The House Ways and Means Committee is about to request the Secretary of the Treasury to release Trump's tax returns. Under a provision in the Internal Revenue Code, the Secretary must comply.
    The only legitimate purpose this would serve would be to determine whether the president is using the office of the presidency for personal financial gain.
    What say you?

Loss of privacy is one of the perks of the office. I have never heard of this being attempted before ... I guess that might be because previous presidents have willingly disclosed their tax returns. Remember his jaw-dropper during the election debate: "If I don't pay taxes, that means I'm smart." Wow! Actually it makes him a deadbeat. Joe Workingman pays his tax dues for a military to keep America safe, but Trump's too "smart" to do his part. Should anyone be surprised? As we have all seen, "Donny Bonespurs" has a habit of not doing his part to keep America safe.

Comment

For the record, a person whose business is losing money doesn't have to pay income taxes either.

Comment

No where is a President required to produce tax records. Those that have has been in a relatively recent thing. With over 100 pages I doubt anyone can make anything of them. I can't imagine his CPA's and lawyers would risk doing anything illegal in preparing the taxes.

Comment

And just how would his tax records give any indication of his intentions, or be used to prove that fact ? It is just one more issue the D’s are using to ‘stir’ the pot !

Comment

Jimbo - You are right that the president is not required to release his tax records to the public, but the signed original is on file with the Internal Revenue Service, and the Secretary of the Treasury has to comply with the request to make it available to the House Ways and Means Committee.

Comment

I don't care what's in Trump's tax returns. It will make no impact on my continued support of the President. I will vote for him in 2020 no matter who runs against him. Therefore, it's a non-issue for me.

Comment

Trump's tax returns have absolutely NO bearing on his POTUS duties.
                HRC was willing to turn over her tax returns ... and we ALL know those were doctored and cooked!!!

What difference, at this point, does it make? - HRC

Like pighunter, I couldn't care less about Trumps tax returns, I will support him until he proves unworthy of my support ... and I'll be the judge of that. NOT his tax return.
                This is a purely liberal, political scam to stroke the egos of (D)'s by destroying Trump.
                Which it won't do!

Comment

Trump made it clear, give Hillary's emails and he would give tax records. Sounds fair to me. Besides he is a millionaire who we already know has not been straight on taxes, but not one million or billionaire is truthful about their money. Hillary, bernie, obama, pelosi,trump, bush, Bill Gates, and the liberals favorite and worst ever second to Hillary, Warren Buffet.

Comment

President Trump has a long history of hiring the best he can get in his business dealings. I doubt his lawyers and CPAs are third string. His refusal to turn over his tax returns is not only a non issue, it is probably just something to drive the demoncrats up the tree. I see that as a lot less egregious than obummer's sealed records. The last president would not even turn over a real birth certificate. Don't see any big deal about tax returns, and I will continue to support Trump and will vote for him again in 2020, Lord willing.
                    And, what about hitlery's failure to disclose 33,000 E-mails?
                    Last edited by crm3006; 02-12-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I don't think the committee is looking for fraud in Trump's tax returns.
                      That is the job of the IRS.
                      I suspect they are looking for something that would embarrass Trump, like having a negative income, that would reflect badly on his business acumen.

Comment

99- I don't think they are looking for anything, and I highly suspect that they are 98% sure there isn't anything to find. I think they are just blowing smoke to obfuscate some of the demoncrat faux pas that are making headlines daily, even in the pro-left press. This tax return issue seems to ebb and flow somewhat, and seems to flow the strongest when demoncrats either have their foot in their mouth or are caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Or, as at present, caught doing something either racially or sexually scandalous.

Comment

Being a hearty anti-government individual I thoroughly appluad Trump for any and every cent he was able to get out of on his taxes. As Ludwig von Mises said, the market breathes through those loopholes. I'm quite certain the feds already take a big enough slice.

Honk, I'll feel a lot more obligated to pay for our military-industrial state when they cut out out foreign adventurism, pointless counter-intuitive wars, policies that only benefit them, their budgets, contractors and arms companies and take an actual interest in just defending America.

"Hence, likewise, they will avoid the necessity of those overgrown military establishments which, under any form of government, are inauspicious to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty."

George Washington

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            I don't think the committee is looking for fraud in Trump's tax returns.
                            That is the job of the IRS.
                            I suspect they are looking for something that would embarrass Trump, like having a negative income, that would reflect badly on his business acumen.
                            A reported negative income is the goal of every tax payer - geez '99.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              For the record, a person whose business is losing money doesn't have to pay income taxes either.
                              '99, a business can have lots of income and still be a losing proposition.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Maybe they are trying to create the ultimate soldier...
                                Today, 09:01 AM
                              • Are You Ready For This ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by PigHunter
                                Jimbo, here's the 12 leading causes of death in the USA. Carrying that gun may make you feel better but you'll more likely increase your chances for living...
                                Today, 08:52 AM
                              • Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have been carrying more lately, much more aware of the surroundings, especially in large, crowded places. I do go to a few Flea Markets that usually...
                                08-14-2019, 05:41 AM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                Why was he cremated before an autopsy ?? Very disturbing....
                                Today, 08:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X