Members List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members List

What are the Reputation lights for ? How do they work ? Anybody know ??

I notice that some one-star users have ten gold bars, or lights.

Comment

Not only what are the lights for, but what does “reputation” itself mean ? Are we some how rated, and if so by whom and about what ?

Comment

I'd like to know the answer to that! Honk, if you are out there, be a good subject to write to Admin and ask for an explanation?

Comment

Where are the reputation lights?

Comment

Crm, go to the members list and in the far right side in heading, it will show “reputation” with the lights under it.

You are listed on page 88.
            Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 02-10-2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Reputation means how active you are on here. Everything you do can go to your reputation, if you get likes, your posts, if others share your posts, etc..

Comment

It's not very accurate.
                I see that rudyglove has ten gold bars.

Comment

I can see rudyglove having that many cause he’s got like over a thousand some posts, it’s these new users who got like a post and all ten bars is where I can’t understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                    Crm, go to the members list and in the far right side in heading, it will show “reputation” with the lights under it.

You are listed on page 88.
                    What page am I on 😀

Comment

Springerman3, you are on page 77 under the S’s, you have ten bars !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                        Springerman3, you are on page 77 under the S’s, you have ten bars !
                        Arrr, I be rich beyond my wildest dreams !
                        Thanks 1st Mate Richard 😀

Comment

The reputation bars originally worked based on vBulletin's reputation system that was a pretty in-depth way of giving users visual credibility and or seniority on a forum. The system was eventually abandoned due to abuse and it generally giving most users a bad taste in their mouths. For instance, this was a good method to see people who stood out in the community when thousands were involved.

The latest reputation version is based off of the "Like" button in the bottom right corner or each post, where a user can gain reputation points based on how many people have "liked" their post. If a person has a lot of reputation, and they like your post, you would receive more points should they like your post than a user with less reputation.

Since we have pulled your user data over from a different system, and wanted to be sure to keep your "points", we stored your old points into the reputation system. This is why you may see users with less posts but more points than you.

We have received feedback from a handful of users that the point system was a negative thing and wasn't something that should be used going forward. I also remembered that in previous iterations users could gain points for doing things that weren't actually related to creating content, such as up-voting or down-voting posts, comments, replies; interactions with polls and or quizzes; and if we go back far enough it would even be for playing flash games on the .com sites. In the end it simply didn't seem like would make sense for most users (especially new ones) to keep.

The reputation bars should not have been displaying on the member list. That was a bug and it is has been corrected. If you have any other questions with the system, I am happy to address them the best that I can, but for all intents and purposes, your post count is the best way to "climb" the ladder (gold stars under your name); however, as with any respectable community of users... the best way to have the respect of your community is through the quality of your posts, not the quantity.

Comment

Okay!
                            So far, so good!

Comment

I don't have a little "like Button" on the bottom right corner of each post.
                              Also, how does one get more "points" from likes if the point system is gone?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clan of the Cave Bear
                                by MattM37
                                Have any of you read this? All I remembered was the cheeseball movie starring Darryl Hannah, but on a whim I grabbed the paperback yesterday from the...
                                Today, 07:55 PM
                              • Reply to Clan of the Cave Bear
                                by FirstBubba
                                Just completed "Angels in the Sky" by Robert Gandt.
                                How a band of volunteer airmen saved the new state of Israel.

"The...
                                Today, 09:39 PM
                              • Tikka T3x - 300WM - Why 24” 1:11 twist barrel?
                                by Gvanwage
                                Someone please school me on this!

I am in the market for a 300 WinMag and totally new to the caliber/cartridge. I love the Look, feel,...
                                Yesterday, 01:18 PM
                              • Reply to Tikka T3x - 300WM - Why 24” 1:11 twist barrel?
                                by PAShooter
                                I have read where shooters have had success with 200 gr. Accubonds and 200 gr ELDX in the 1-11 twist Tikka. There are some fine bullets in the 30 caliber...
                                Today, 05:10 PM
                              • Contaminants
                                by MattM37
                                How are the waters in your area? Do you get to each much fresh fish?

Most of my local waters aren't even listed on the state health...
                                Today, 04:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X