Work boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work boots

So I checked out carhart, timberlands, and wolverines. What are some other brand names out to check. Not looking for very expensive boots.

I get about two years wear out of Justin steel toes, the slip on Wellington type. For lace ups, I favor Irish Setters, which also comes in a steel toe, if you need that. Not the cheapest boots, but well fitted and long wearing.
    crm

Comment

I'm in my work boots over 12 hours, 4 days a week during this papermill assignment. Almost all the walking is on concrete, I'm around electrical hazards, and definitely don't want to track any black or green liquors into office spaces. The mill requires 8-inch uppers.

So my choice is Danner. These are the 2nd pair I've had. The soles got worn down in 5 years of use with the 1st pair. Very comfortable for all day wear. Cost is about $200 and worth every penny.

https://www.danner.com/bull-run-8-br...SABEgIIDPD_BwE

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
          I'm in my work boots over 12 hours, 4 days a week during this papermill assignment. Almost all the walking is on concrete, I'm around electrical hazards, and definitely don't want to track any black or green liquors into office spaces. The mill requires 8-inch uppers.

So my choice is Danner. These are the 2nd pair I've had. The soles got worn down in 5 years of use with the 1st pair. Very comfortable for all day wear. Cost is about $200 and worth every penny.

https://www.danner.com/bull-run-8-br...SABEgIIDPD_BwE
          I agree Danners have served me well also, my regards to the huntress.

Comment

I just got a pair of matterhorn slip on boots and they leak

Comment

Ariat makes a pretty good work boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

I agree Danners have served me well also, my regards to the huntress.
                Thanks!

Comment

I just kind of bounce around from Ariat, Tony Lama and Muck, bit rece6have just been wearing Danner hunting boots every day. I had a pair of short topped composite toed Tony Lamas that lasted a long time. Don't wrestle calves in something that has a protective toe, though. Did that once this spring at a branding in those boots and it hurt.
                  Ariats tend to be dressier and not as durable.
                  Irish Setter and Red Wing are good.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonT View Post
                    I just got a pair of matterhorn slip on boots and they leak
                    Looks like they use the gore Tex material. Surprised they leak if it is. Must not have been sewing right.
                    Last edited by Solitario Lupo; 02-10-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Now I got a list to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
                        Thanks. Now I got a list to choose from.
                        My mother was head of testing return products for the Gore company. She came up with a way to find leaks in returns quickly and prevent them in the future ( better sewing procedures seam tape etc) goretex is a great product and back in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s they worked very hard to perfect the the proper way to sew and put together garments with the manufactures so they would stay leak free. That all being said just like waders the products can get holes in them and they will leak. I was a rich young man in those years in Gore-Tex clothing and had the chance to do field testing for them. I still buy Gore-Tex when given the option because it’s a great product not because it is a great company to work for .... it is not!

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post

Looks like they use the gore Tex material. Surprised they leak if it is. Must not have been sewing right.
                          It happened the other night when it was -10, I was standing in production water for over ten minutes.

Comment

I get a lot of oil and hydraulic fluid on my boots. Cheap ones last 6 months. Expensive ones a year. So cost ends up about the same.

Comment

That’s what I was thinking cheap. I’ll be using them when I do demolition work so all kinds of stuff falling on them and the nails are horrible at times, always going threw. So if it lasted me a year or two I’m good.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Maybe they are trying to create the ultimate soldier...
                                Today, 09:01 AM
                              • Are You Ready For This ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by PigHunter
                                Jimbo, here's the 12 leading causes of death in the USA. Carrying that gun may make you feel better but you'll more likely increase your chances for living...
                                Today, 08:52 AM
                              • Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have been carrying more lately, much more aware of the surroundings, especially in large, crowded places. I do go to a few Flea Markets that usually...
                                08-14-2019, 05:41 AM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                Why was he cremated before an autopsy ?? Very disturbing....
                                Today, 08:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X