Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    An interim measure would be a law that allows the incumbent president to appoint a successor for every justice over the age of 70, although that justice might continue to sit for another twenty years.
    I think Roosevelt tried that, but it didn't fly.

Leave a comment:

• Harmonious Fulmination
    replied
    The article referenced doesn't actually show any type of current court packing agenda or threat that I saw glancing through it. It's just talking about something that could conceivably happen.

If the left gives a court packing precedent it will just be packed right-wing when the pendulum swings back and the judicial branch will lose whatever respectability it has held onto. It will be a joke and nothing but a political battle. I think both sides are overall careful enought not to want to set that precedent, even if the left gets real pissed should RBG need replacing.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Yes, jimbo, but a lot of folks don't know that.
    I think I'm the late 1800's or early 1900's, the number was suggested to have 21.
    With "Nausea" Pelosi at the helm, I have no doubt she would try it.
    About all that's holding her back, if I'm not mistaken, is Trump STILL gets to pick the justices (justici?)
    Can you imagine if Harris or Booker beat Trump and Pelosi keeps the speakership, what kind of damage they could do to SCOTUS?
    Fifteen justices!
    Five Conservatives and ten liberals!
    OUCH!
    Where is RBG is more important right now

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    When Trump selects RBG replacement the Court will be set for many years. Next is to work on dissolving the 9th District and get some Constitutional Judges appointed.
    Bubba, the Court can have any number of Judges, the number is set by Congress.
    Yes, jimbo, but a lot of folks don't know that.
    I think I'm the late 1800's or early 1900's, the number was suggested to have 21.
    With "Nausea" Pelosi at the helm, I have no doubt she would try it.
    About all that's holding her back, if I'm not mistaken, is Trump STILL gets to pick the justices (justici?)
    Can you imagine if Harris or Booker beat Trump and Pelosi keeps the speakership, what kind of damage they could do to SCOTUS?
    Fifteen justices!
    Five Conservatives and ten liberals!
    OUCH!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    When Trump selects RBG replacement the Court will be set for many years. Next is to work on dissolving the 9th District and get some Constitutional Judges appointed.
    Bubba, the Court can have any number of Judges, the number is set by Congress.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    started a topic (D)'s newest threat to SCOTUS!

(D)'s newest threat to SCOTUS!

At one time, it was "proposed" that SCOTUS be comprised of more than nine justices (justici?).

Just when we thought the 2A was in good judicial hands ... short of Roberts going left on us!
    What is it with that guy?

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/the...#axzz5f37YZaOs

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad