Saturday Morning Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Morning Trivia

Saturday morning trivia. Forget politics for a while! Can anybody identify this ? (#1 Bubba and Red, hold off for a while, just say yep, or something, I am curious as to what some of the guesses may be.)

Isn't that used on leather slings to adjust length?

Comment

Yep!
      HAHAHA! The new site won't let me post a simple, "Yep!"!
      It's less than 10 characters! LOL!

Comment

Looks like one end of a lash cinch for tying diamond hitches (packing loads on livestock). But why would someone tear up the cinch to remove it? Must be something else. Barbecue equipment?

Comment

Nobody even close yet! Hint: Google won't help you! You either been and done, or not!

Comment

butchers use those to move quarters around

Comment

I made a hook like that only a little smaller , to tighten the laces on my ice skates.

Comment

It needs a mate and chain to be put into use.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                  Saturday morning trivia. Forget politics for a while! Can anybody identify this ? (#1 Bubba and Red, hold off for a while, just say yep, or something, I am curious as to what some of the guesses may be.)
                  Hard to tell the size without reference but there is also a tool like that to carry a sheet of plywood or drywall.

Comment

jhjimbo- That is a 6" ruler laying under the object in question.

Comment

A triangle for calling the calving crew in for dinner?

Comment

I am going to guess it is a hook for moving bales of alfalfa hay.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          I am going to guess it is a hook for moving bales of alfalfa hay.
                          Nope. The hook part is too small and facing the wrong direction. Boy, those things are collector items these days. Pretty much only horse farms put up hay in square bales nowadays. Those big round bales sure put a lot of kids out of work! Some hay farmers put their crops up in the large square bales simply because semis can haul them better. Mostly for feed lots though. They aren't much use on winter range. Most feeders are designed for the round bales. Or ranchers simply unroll the round ones (so stupid cows can crap all over half of it!).
                          Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 02-10-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I see that open triangle as a handle for pulling something, and I am getting a feeling it has something to do with boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

Pretty much only horse farms put up hay in square bales nowadays.
                              No, that's not true you don't really know what you're talking about here. Well, maybe it's true in Ontario but I doubt that. An inumerous amount of people need hay they can put out and transport without equipment, and that's just one of the many reasons small squares are still common place. I'm not aware of any real disproportion between rounds and large squares, either.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Maybe they are trying to create the ultimate soldier...
                                Today, 09:01 AM
                              • Are You Ready For This ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by PigHunter
                                Jimbo, here's the 12 leading causes of death in the USA. Carrying that gun may make you feel better but you'll more likely increase your chances for living...
                                Today, 08:52 AM
                              • Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have been carrying more lately, much more aware of the surroundings, especially in large, crowded places. I do go to a few Flea Markets that usually...
                                08-14-2019, 05:41 AM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                Why was he cremated before an autopsy ?? Very disturbing....
                                Today, 08:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X