The Mexican Border Wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mexican Border Wall

It looks like Trump's proposed compromise with the Democrats is dead on arrival because he is still holding out for the $5.7 billion needed to start construction.
    Maybe instead of a wall which requires building materials, we ought to settle for a trench.
    We could sell the excavated material as clean fill, and the trench would pay for itself.

I like the trench idea a lot better. You can't really dig under or cut through a trench. I suppose you could drop a ladder down one side and them prop it on the other side but if you kept water doen in the bottom with hidden barriers it would be so easy. If anyone succeeds in getting a cable across BPS can just stand there and say go back and then cut the cable.
    The big beautiful impregnable mote. A lot of difficult logistics like mountains and rivers and all that, but amusing.
    Last edited by Harmonious Fulmination; 01-19-2019, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Anyway, Trump doesn't have much to leverage with. Basically he is just trying to turn tables on the Dems. He caused the current DACA and and TPS mess. The Supreme Court has refused to hear arguments on the DACA case so the lower courts ruling preventing the program being scrapped will last for at least a year. It's only an extension so in three years time we'll be having the same argument.
      Hopefully the Dems will respond with a counter offer of permanent residency for Dreamers and TPS, Trump will accept and that will be that. I think it will actually be interesting to have some of the wall built and see ot tested in the real world.

Comment

The Dems want more than permanent residency. They want a "path to citizenship" so that those buggers can VOTE.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post
          Anyway, Trump doesn't have much to leverage with. Basically he is just trying to turn tables on the Dems. He caused the current DACA and and TPS mess. The Supreme Court has refused to hear arguments on the DACA case so the lower courts ruling preventing the program being scrapped will last for at least a year. It's only an extension so in three years time we'll be having the same argument.
          Hopefully the Dems will respond with a counter offer of permanent residency for Dreamers and TPS, Trump will accept and that will be that. I think it will actually be interesting to have some of the wall built and see ot tested in the real world.
          (snicker, snort, chortle!)
          Nausea Pelosi (D-CA) just got her head handed to her and Trump didn't even put it on a platter.
          Her hands should be flopping around like a deaf mute in a yelling contest!

Comment

Yet they're not.

Comment

99, I hope they get it, and I can't blame the Dreamers if they vote Dem. The Dreamers bust every anti-immigrant myth and show themelves to be good citizens (well, residents) and a fiscal benefit. The Republican party won't even spare a passing glance.

Comment

HF - I've known a few legal aliens who have lived all their lives in the U.S. without applying for citizenship, and never voted.
                And about half of the registered voters in this country don't bother to vote.
                Permanent residency is a big deal to the Dreamers, but voting rights are not.
                It is the Democratic Party that wants them to vote.

Comment

This is funny

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

(snicker, snort, chortle!)
                    Nausea Pelosi (D-CA) just got her head handed to her and Trump didn't even put it on a platter.
                    Her hands should be flopping around like a deaf mute in a yelling contest!
                    All i'm saying is I surely side with a call made a few days ago bubba

Comment

Congress elected last fall better represents the current mandate of the people than Trump. You'd think he would have some respect for that ... especially since he never had a mandate from the majority of voters. Offering to bargain with children to get his way was kinda pathetic. Almost as bad as bargaining with federal employees lives. The polls show majority of Americans don't want the Wall and the number who oppose it grows daily. But the will of Americans means nothing to a spoiled rich kid who is used to getting his way. That guy has never had to worry about paying for a mortgage or daycare so he really doesn't understand ... or care. We'll see how things unfold at Congressional hearings into campaign shenanigans next month. Sounds like we may yet have some legal footing to turf Trump. Hope springs eternal. Pence ain't very bright either but at least he knows how to act like a grownup.

Comment

I don't factor politics into it at all. Whether it be trump or obama or anyone else we need to stop the crap ruining our country drugs
                        , etc.

Comment

Liberal hypocrite Harry Reid!

It would be funny if it weren't so true!

https://townhall.com/columnists/wayn...ltime-n2539256

Comment

Remember when Mexico was going to pay for the wall......?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougfir View Post
                              Remember when Mexico was going to pay for the wall......?
                              One could say the $$$ improvement with Mexico in the new Trade Agreement is actually Mexico paying more $$$ to the U.S. Is that a payment for the wall ? - you decide.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clan of the Cave Bear
                                by MattM37
                                Have any of you read this? All I remembered was the cheeseball movie starring Darryl Hannah, but on a whim I grabbed the paperback yesterday from the...
                                Today, 07:55 PM
                              • Reply to Clan of the Cave Bear
                                by FirstBubba
                                Just completed "Angels in the Sky" by Robert Gandt.
                                How a band of volunteer airmen saved the new state of Israel.

"The...
                                Today, 09:39 PM
                              • Tikka T3x - 300WM - Why 24” 1:11 twist barrel?
                                by Gvanwage
                                Someone please school me on this!

I am in the market for a 300 WinMag and totally new to the caliber/cartridge. I love the Look, feel,...
                                Yesterday, 01:18 PM
                              • Reply to Tikka T3x - 300WM - Why 24” 1:11 twist barrel?
                                by PAShooter
                                I have read where shooters have had success with 200 gr. Accubonds and 200 gr ELDX in the 1-11 twist Tikka. There are some fine bullets in the 30 caliber...
                                Today, 05:10 PM
                              • Contaminants
                                by MattM37
                                How are the waters in your area? Do you get to each much fresh fish?

Most of my local waters aren't even listed on the state health...
                                Today, 04:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X