Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even Canadians are tired of the registration b.s.!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Even Canadians are tired of the registration b.s.!

    Quebec passed "gun registration".
    With the deadline looming, only about 300k of the estimated 1.6 million firearms in Quebec have been registered.
    Bet old HonkFUDD would break his neck to register his!

    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/adians...-like-american

  • #2
    Good thing we don’t live in Quebec eh Bubba ! Bienvenue a Quebec

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      Quebec passed "gun registration".
      With the deadline looming, only about 300k of the estimated 1.6 million firearms in Quebec have been registered.
      Bet old HonkFUDD would break his neck to register his!

      https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/adians...-like-american
      Handguns and ARs are already registered. Why not protect their long guns against theft too? Hey, if the province wants to pay for the record keeping, let them. And if it makes life a little tougher for the drug dealing Hells Angels in Montreal that's fine by me. Any new purchases will automatically get registered anyway. That's a lot of hunters who'll be getting their guns confiscated when checked in the field next fall. You can bet the participation rate will be near 100% by then!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

        Handguns and ARs are already registered. Why not protect their long guns against theft too? Hey, if the province wants to pay for the record keeping, let them. And if it makes life a little tougher for the drug dealing Hells Angels in Montreal that's fine by me. Any new purchases will automatically get registered anyway. That's a lot of hunters who'll be getting their guns confiscated when checked in the field next fall. You can bet the participation rate will be near 100% by then!
        a

        Well, first off, it doesn't protect your guns from squat. It just tells the gov't what guns you have and WHERE they are!
        The province ain't paying for squat! That money comes out of the taxpayers pockets.
        As for the Hells Angels? It's just business as usual for them!
        Hunters getting their guns confiscated? Who said all those people hunt?


        Pmacc60
        No desire whatsoever to visit the Great White North!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

          Handguns and ARs are already registered. Why not protect their long guns against theft too? Hey, if the province wants to pay for the record keeping, let them. And if it makes life a little tougher for the drug dealing Hells Angels in Montreal that's fine by me. Any new purchases will automatically get registered anyway. That's a lot of hunters who'll be getting their guns confiscated when checked in the field next fall. You can bet the participation rate will be near 100% by then!
          Honk you said it and you don’t hear it..., making life tougher on good people because of degenerate drug dealers and using the excuse that it protects the gun owners from theft. That’s just weak ! Make law abiding citizens into possible criminals and confiscating there guns during lawful activities because you want to make criminals life more difficult. If they cared about the laws Canada has on the books they wouldn’t be criminals. It won’t do anything but make more Canadian citizens who were law abiding now unlawful! Nice

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
            a

            Well, first off, it doesn't protect your guns from squat. It just tells the gov't what guns you have and WHERE they are!
            The province ain't paying for squat! That money comes out of the taxpayers pockets.
            As for the Hells Angels? It's just business as usual for them!
            Hunters getting their guns confiscated? Who said all those people hunt?


            Pmacc60
            No desire whatsoever to visit the Great White North!
            Bubba there are some real good people in Quebec , real characters . You would fit right in. Don’t let Goverment get in the way of knowing really hearty folks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Bubba i'm not taking sides here because I already said a registery is not needed here but, why dies it matter if they know what you have when they already know.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

                Handguns and ARs are already registered. Why not protect their long guns against theft too? Hey, if the province wants to pay for the record keeping, let them. And if it makes life a little tougher for the drug dealing Hells Angels in Montreal that's fine by me. Any new purchases will automatically get registered anyway. That's a lot of hunters who'll be getting their guns confiscated when checked in the field next fall. You can bet the participation rate will be near 100% by then!
                Well then it certainly sounds like the registry will result in far more theft (excuse me, confiscationg) of weapons than it ever would have prevented.
                Last edited by Harmonious Fulmination; 01-15-2019, 10:43 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JasonT View Post
                  Bubba i'm not taking sides here because I already said a registery is not needed here but, why dies it matter if they know what you have when they already know.
                  Because registries have had a tendencies to lead to confiscations in the nation's that have implemented them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Harmonious Fulmination View Post

                    Because registries have had a tendencies to lead to confiscations in the nation's that have implemented them.
                    what is the reason for confiscation?
                    guns shouldn't be confiscated but some should have never been sold.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JasonT View Post

                      what is the reason for confiscation?
                      guns shouldn't be confiscated but some should have never been sold.
                      In some places such as Britain and Australia what are common classics here were seized in mass there in the face of gun control laws prohibiting most anything semi auto or handgun.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sou you are in australia. What is required to buy a gun there?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Here all you have to do is pass a backround that only stops you as a felon. I dont believe in a registry at all. However I do believe a liscense to buy and posess that could be revoked due to felonies and mental health disorders would prevent alot of these mass shootings. Then we could by anything we want anytime we want without the government giving 2 craps about it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The protection from theft of guns through registration may at first look, appear to be a reasonable excuse for this action ! However, there are different ways to measure theft, and it does not matter if it comes from the general public at large, or from the government who is implementing the registration in the first place. I would have to think that the main purpose for any form of registration is knowing the location of weapons and not for any theft protection for the gun owners, jmo !!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                              The protection from theft of guns through registration may at first look, appear to be a reasonable excuse for this action ! However, there are different ways to measure theft, and it does not matter if it comes from the general public at large, or from the government who is implementing the registration in the first place. I would have to think that the main purpose for any form of registration is knowing the location of weapons and not for any theft protection for the gun owners, jmo !!
                              You are exactly right richard but, if your guns are purchased legally then they are registered and they aready know where they are

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X