Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you for responding, unfortunetly I would like you to stop sending your magazine to me. The other magazines I get (peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for responding, unfortunetly I would like you to stop sending your magazine to me. The other magazines I get (peterson

Thank you for responding, unfortunetly I would like you to stop sending your magazine to me. The other magazines I get (petersons bowhunting,bowhunting magazine,whitetail journal) don’t need that kind of funding, or reguire me to tear out pages. So please stop sending me this magazine. I will cut and paste this to your web site for others with the same concerns can make their own judgement. Thank You J,South The response I got. Hi Jeff, Thanks for writing to us. We do appreciate your concern, and it is one that we have brought to the attention of our publisher. Unfortunately, our magazine relies on ad revenues in order to stay in print--much more so than on stand sales or subscriptions--and right now, with the current economy, we cannot easily pick and choose our advertisers. Moreover, the F&S; reader demographic is a perfect fit for the target audience of sex ads, and there is the added circumstance that no other advertising bloc is currently as consistent or will pay as highly as they do. So what the publishers tell us is that these ads are going to be around for a while. However, we absolutely do value your input and concern—it does not fall on deaf ears. As for our efforts, we keep the most explicit sex ads at the back of the magazine so that parents can remove them before their kids see the issue, and we do turn down ads deemed too lewd. Thank you again for writing to us. I hope you have good hunting and fishing this year. Sincerely, Kristyn Brady

We live in an imperfect world.

Comment

If there was ever an argument where both parties were right, this has got to be it.

Comment

It is indeed unfortunate that circumstance dictates the necessity of dependence on such advertising. It also makes one stop to think about Ms. Brady's point that the F&S demographic is the perfact fit for sex ads...

Comment

How do you think that ads like that are perfect for kids. This magazine may be more geared toward adult men but that doesn't mean women and especially children dont read it.
          Besides they are right next to often the funniest article in the magazine. You think kids dont like this article?

Comment

While I have no use for the ads the survival of the magazine is important to me. Just tear the ads out.
            I think the enzyte ads on TV are funny as heck. The race car driver with the goofy grin cracks me up. No, still haven't called for my free 1 week supply.
            BTW We taught our kids about sex when they were very young. Never had any problems. They are well adjusted married adults today and We have a beautiful granddaughter.

Comment

Forget about it!

Comment

Forget about it!

Comment

Forget about it!

Comment

Forget about it!

Comment

Forget about it!

Comment

Forget about it!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad