Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am thinking about buying a new diawa rod reel combo. I was just wondering what you guys know about diawa, their gear, and if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thinking about buying a new diawa rod reel combo. I was just wondering what you guys know about diawa, their gear, and if

I am thinking about buying a new diawa rod reel combo. I was just wondering what you guys know about diawa, their gear, and if it is good or not. Thanks.

for the price it is as good as you can get, i have one and its all i use

Comment

I use 3 combos from Diawa and I love em all i got a spinner combo and two baits awsome stuff

Comment

It really depends on you. If you have to hit Calloways because of the name then no you won't like them but if you like a quality product I have used them for about 30 years and had good luck. The only time I ever broke one is when it got between the boat and a tree. and that was definitly opperator error.

Comment

I agree with the above post by Kolbster for the price they are very good,

I have several I use for bass fishing and they hold up well and the drag system is good for the money.

Comment

Before you buy, I would check out some Shimano Reels as well. The Symetre and the Spirex are nice moderately priced reels. Also the Mitchell 300Xe for a reels under $50.

Comment

The acid test for a spinning reel is an Alaskan King Salmon (50-85 lb). Daiwa was all I used in AK. and never had one fail. Have seen cheap brands smoke then fail with line breaking and fish lost.

Comment

Thanks guys. I am probably going to buy the combo at Scheels today!!!

Comment

Diawa is definitely good stuff. I like the Megaforce bait casting reel. I got three of them last summer and the "twitching bar" is great for soft plastics.

Comment

Daiwa build some of the best reels, in fact all of Cabelas brand reels are really Daiwa reels. I have a combo that I love.

Comment

I adidnt get to Scheels but hope to soon. Went to Cabelas and Bass Pro instead! Darn!

Comment

I have one and love them!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad