Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have always enjoyed your magazine and would love for my 11 year old(bow hunting and fishing pro) son to read and learn from it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have always enjoyed your magazine and would love for my 11 year old(bow hunting and fishing pro) son to read and learn from it

I have always enjoyed your magazine and would love for my 11 year old(bow hunting and fishing pro) son to read and learn from it to, but in every out door magazine I get the back pages are full of crap on how to make your penis bigger. What a bunch of bs. The last thing I want is a bunch of our up and comming sportsmen to think you have to be bigger than God made you to get a wife or for her to like you or to be sattisfide, or to explane to a young person the add or how the world prays on ones insecuritys. I could go on and on about my dissapointment with the greed for money to eccept this type of adds with no regard for the youth and there innocents. please forgive my spelling. Does any one else feal the same? thanks jeff south bend, Or

Magazines heck it's all over television too.Remember the enzyte add with the race car driver with the big stupid grin on his face. I don't want to see this or female hygiene adds either.

Comment

bend,Or Thats why I dont have tv j,south

Comment

in 8th grade i tok a field and stream to school to read and got in trouble over some chick in the ads in the back it is bs

Comment

Jeff, I agree with you 100%, in fact I've been meaning to post this myself. I hope there are others on this site that will also post their displeasure about this, and I hope it gets passed along to the editors. As much as I love receiving and reading these magazines, I am just about to the point of voting with my wallet and cancelling my subscriptions to all outdoor magazines that run these obnoxious adds. I am no puritan, and I certainly believe in their right to run whatever adds they want, but I too, believe it is not sending a good example to the thousands and thousands of young people who are reading these magizines. In fact, I am going to say right here and now that if it has not been resolved by the time my current subscriptions run out, I WILL vote with my wallet and not renew them. They may not care, and I'm sure they won't miss loosing one subscriber, but I feel that strong about it and can not in good concience support it.

Comment

Agreed. It's not right. You might as well be reading Esquire. Those pages do tear out pretty easy.

Comment

Right behind you pal. Great comment too, but your right I havent even really thought about it much cause i usually just skim over the add pages. But your right we dont need anything in our mags that have anything to do with this stuff. Field and Stream should take that add out and add a new page to the mag. Something like kids send in pictures they draw and the winner each month gets a knive, or bb gun. Something to help the kids get outside instead of behind the tv.

Comment

One quick note on the above. I am specifically referring to FAMILY outdoor magazines such as Field & Stream and Outdoor Life, not other publications such as Shotgun News which are primarily read by adults.

Comment

I am with you on this one guys, there is enough of that garbage in the media as it is. And I don't want to hear the excuse of F&S needing to pay the bills with advertising revenue. We shouldn't have to tear the back page out of the magazine. Editor's these are your customers speaking! Please get rid of those ads.

Comment

Sadly, I see it is slowly leaking on to the F&S website i.e. the cartoon depicted "Fly Fishing Pin-up Girl"

Comment

I'm no prude by any means, but I don't like it. I suppose it makes the magazine some good money so I accept it as a way of doing business and keeping our subscription prices as low as possible.
                      BTW, for anyone who says they'll cancel their subscription, it's not Field&Streams' decision on advertisers. Bonnier is the ownership and you'd have to stop reading all their publications to make it hurt. Although a simple complaint wouldn't hurt I guess.

Comment

wsimien, Doggonit I liked that flyfishing gal. Reminded me of the large poster advertisements of when I was a kid. People like Pepsi, Coke, Ford & GM made a fortune selling products with gals wearing tight fitting blouses/skirts. If anybody thinks something innocent like that will taint a young boys mind then you forgot when you was a young boy.

Comment

I agree 100% I stopped getting Field and Stream for that very reason. I guarantee they could find some other company that would love to put their add in F&S.

Comment

toatlly agree. i would order it for hiim and just rib out them pages

Comment

I don't have access to the financial records of field and stream or bonnier corporation but if off color adds hidden in the back are what it takes to keep F&S coming to my door I will accept that. I am with the rest of you, i don't like it but i would rather have a wart on my face than no face at all.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad