Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are drop away rests for a bow really as good as they are played out to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are drop away rests for a bow really as good as they are played out to be.

Are drop away rests for a bow really as good as they are played out to be.

Nope! They are even better in my opinion. And the Best of them all is the QAD UltraRest Drop-away Hunter. I have one and I have never had any problems with it. It is even better than my old Whisker Busciut! I used to not like the idea of drop-away rest, but my friend convinced me to try one last year and I love it.

Comment

hjohn429 said it try one out and you will be hooked I love it! The whisker biscuit can damage your vanes and have unwanted noise on flight. Drop-away gives you a pure and true flight of the arrow.

Comment

I have never used one but most of the BETTER bowhunters/shooters i know use them.

Comment

also check out page 2 of the hunting gear section of the field and stream website. They have the whisker biscuit/drop-away rest combination (tri-van) that looks like it will make a big impact in time to come

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/gear/hunting/2009/08/best-arrow-rest-2009-mid-atlantic-archery-tri-van?src=Hunting

Comment

nothing better out thier as of yet to me

Comment

I have one and it works amazingly well.

Comment

They are great, but be sure to get one with contact points that hold the arrow in place. I used to be skeptical, but have come around on them.

Comment

i love my drop away. i wont be using anything else.

Comment

I know the folks at Trophy Taker... they had the original design, and make a fine product, descent price too.

Comment

drop away....good

Comment

I have a QAD. Not any more accurate than off a prong rest but it sure is nice not having to worry about keeping the arrow on the rest. Will never forget my first shot at a deer with a prong rest - didn't notice the arrow fell off the rest and almost took off a hoof. Mine does make some noise when it slams down but that hasn't been a problem.

Need to follow the setup instructions exactly to get the timing down.

Comment

Agreed with MLH and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad